Apple Rehab is a family owned and operated company that treats residents and staff like family too. Our expert team of senior management is located at our home office, right in Avon, CT, ensuring superior care from a local company. Our leadership is not across the country, but rather in your backyard.
The RN Charge Nurse plans, controls, and executes the provision of nursing services to assigned residents under general supervision and guidance within the standards for quality care provided by the policies, procedures and practices of the facility in line with appropriate legal standards, medical practices and physicians’ instructions.
The RN Charge Nurse plans the allocations of own time to the efficient and effective provision of professional care to assigned residents while integrating plans with the priorities of all involved for a maximum utilization of resources. Monitors progress of assigned residents and meets changing needs of residents and the constant changing of priorities due to changing medical needs. The RN Charge Nurse displays professional behavior in dealing with residents’, physicians, relatives of residents, peers and support personnel. Demonstrates continuous high level of professional concern and understanding for residents, relatives, and others who may be dealing with highly emotional and difficult situations. Properly and completely documents pertinent information regarding resident care and response.
Records physician instructions, resident comments or responses and all pertinent data required to ensure quality of care. Meets with residents and families and reports problems or concerns. Carries out rehabilitative and restorative care programs. The RN Charge Nurse administers professional services and direct nursing care. Prepares and administers medications as ordered by the physician. Reviews medication records for completeness and accuracy. Verifies resident identities to ensure prescribed medications administered properly. Ensures that controlled substances are accurate. Performs all charting and record keeping in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Must have a valid state license and be a licensed nurse in good standing (or in training to satisfactorily complete the requirements to become a registered nurse).
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures and laws, regulations and guidelines governing long-term care.
- Attention to detail, good follow through skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrates cooperation in assisting others and ability to work as a team.
- Previous long-term care experience preferred.
Apple Rehab offers an attractive benefit package for employees of 30 hours or greater that includes the following:
- Scholarships and career growth opportunities
- 4 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Call-a-Doc / 24-7 MD telephone service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Program
- Longevity Credit
5 Richard Brown Dr, Uncasville, CT 06382, USA
Click Here To Apply