**WE ARE UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP** COME MEET OUR NEW FAMILY! 🙂
$5000 SIGN-ON BONUS or UP TO $20,000 IN TUITION REIMBURSEMENT!!!
The LPN reports to the Nurse Manager and assures smooth operations of the unit for a designated shift under the direction of supervision of a Registered Nurse. Scope of work may be modified by State specific rules under the Nurse Practice Act.
- Graduate of accredited LPN/LVN School Nursing.
- Current valid LPN/LVN license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification
- At least one (1) year nursing experience preferred.
- Evidence of continuing education or special preparation or experience in gerontological nursing and/or long-term care nursing desirable.
- Participates with members of the interdisciplinary team to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate resident’s care. Documents the resident’s condition and nursing needs accurately and in a timely manner. Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents promptly to RN. Provides oncoming shift and supervisors with accurate and complete resident status report. Maintains the 24-hour report book. Receives and record physicians’ orders.
- Communicates staffing problems and needs to the Nursing Manager. Provides input on staffing ratios and deployment. Develops work assignments for LPN/LVNs and Nurse Aides as directed. Coordinates, directs and evaluates staff (i.e. Medication Aides/Medication Techs, Nurse Aides, etc.) as directed. Participates in counseling, disciplinary action and termination of staff to the extent permitted by the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Assures compliance with policies and procedures. Reports problems and complaints timely to the Nurse Manager. Provides feedback to Nurse Managers regarding performance of Nurse Aides.
- Participates in hiring and selection of LPN/LVNs and Nurse Aides. Gives feedback and participates in performance appraisals as assigned. Coordinates nursing assignment, which includes directing assigned nursing staff to the extent permitted by state practice act. Receives and provides accurate and complete resident status report at shift change. Maintains 24-hour report book.
- Assists in data collection for admission, transfer and discharge or residents and provides the information to the Nurse Manager.
- Assures that inventory and supplies are maintained in a clean and safe manner on the unit, are utilized economically and communicates need for housekeeping, maintenance or nutritional services assistance.
- LTC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- LPN (Required)
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
Click Here To Apply