Min of (1) Saturday required, monthly
Under the direction of Shared Services Manager, oversees Phone Triage Nurses in the day-to-day activities involved in the accurate, timely and comprehensive Triaging of DuPage Medical Group (DMG) patients. Complies with established company policies and procedures. Ensures Triage Nurse compliance to said policies and procedures through audits and ongoing training. Responsible for telephone assessment of patients’ needs. Work requires the application of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or precedents relating to both the standards and procedures of the nursing profession and those established by DuPage Medical Group. Performs to the level of a licensed registered nurse or practical nurse as dictated by the Illinois Nurse Practice Act and DuPage Medical Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary contact and trainer for Shared Triage questions.
- Works with manager to improve outcomes and reduce call time.
- Demonstrates a superior knowledge of all areas of nursing including the functionality of related Epic modules.
- Is involved in system/process development, testing and implementation for technology upgrades, conversions, and enhancements.
- Documents and maintains related procedures and reference materials that support DMG initiatives, and disseminates related information to staff.
- Participates in meetings.
- Researches and resolves issues, and responds to inquiries promptly.
- Communicates with appropriate management or staff to ensure identified problems are resolved.
- Leads by example.
- Available to clinical and non-clinical staff to answer questions and provide assistance, as appropriate.
- Provides written audit and assessment to supervisor within the first 30 days for new hires/employees.
- Responsible for skill verification, material development and documentation.
- Contributes to staff audits and reviews statistical reports to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Assists with staffing schedules and paid time off requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Supports and performs all primary duties and responsibilities as outlined under the Nurse, Phone Triage job description.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information as stipulated in the HIPAA Privacy Rules and DMG confidentiality policy.
- Demonstrates an understanding of departmental goals and company values through everyday attitude and behavior.
- Performs and delegates a variety of tasks to facilitate patient care.
- Aware of coding and reimbursement issues.
- Maintains accurate and detailed patient records and pertinent information; posts tests and documents patient education provided.
- Enters all pertinent communications with the patient into the Medical Record.
- Utilizes current nursing practices to provide patient care while focusing on the needs of the patient and exemplifying service excellence, care, concern, respect and cooperation.
- As a member of a health care team, functions in the role of patient advocate by being in the position of initial contact for patient-related issues.
- Supervises work performed by department and may delegate work to staff members. Counsels and coaches the team by guiding, directing, motivating, and mediating conflict resolution.
- Assists with staff development, new employee orientation, and training. Monitors and ensures staff compliance with policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for performance evaluations as required by Human Resources.
- Responsible for managing the schedule, time keeping, and payroll if necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Customer Focus: Demonstrates excellence in customer service and satisfaction levels for internal and external customers. This is achieved by having knowledge of and conforming to customer requirements by identifying, understanding and meeting these requirement.
Interpersonal Skills: Seeks to understand before being understood through effective listening and sensitivity to others needs and concerns.
Results Orientation: Focuses self and others on achieving quality and financial outcomes in a responsive timely manner.
Decisive: Resolute in making a decision to act based on conclusions reached based on facts. Demonstrates good judgment in making these decisions.
Integrity/Ethics: Demonstrates personal integrity, honesty, sincerity. Trusted to do the right thing.
Diversity: Values the worth of others and respects diverse points of view. Promotes support and team work within and across departments.
Engenders Trust: Provides appropriate resources, direction, and accountability. Allows employees to identify and resolve work issues through empowerment.
Mentoring/Employee Development: Develops employees in a positive manner – maintaining and building self esteem and confidence and competence – helping employees achieve their maximum potential and contribution.
Change Agent: Provides vision and planning to reach goals. Addresses concerns in forthright manner and welcomes innovation and new approaches to reach new heights in service and quality.
Organization Savvy: Understands key stakeholders as demonstrated in managing, promoting, and cultivating relationships. Has keen understanding of industry and trends.
Personal Job Competence: Performs core responsibilities of position efficiently and effectively within parameters of organization policies, procedures and external governmental agencies.
- Must be able to get along with others, be a team player, accept feedback from others, and be able to follow work rules.
EDUCATION and / or CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE:
- Prefer minimum bachelor level education in Health Administration, Management, or Nursing.
- Current licensure in nursing (LPN or RN).
- Knowledge of OSHA, HIPAA, Nurse Practice Act, and Employment legislation.
- Must have a current CPR certification and a current and valid Illinois Nurse License.
- Prefer a minimum of two years in a management role in a health care setting preferably in an outpatient physician primary or specialty practice.
- Experienced in staff roles with a history of good performance
Click Here To Apply