For over seventy years, customers have relied on Doty Bros. to provide quality construction services in either a primary or a subcontractor capacity. We provide a diverse, comprehensive range of services for the following industries: Water / Waste Water, Oil & Gas and Underground Dry Utilities. Doty Bros. is known as a dependable and professional company providing the highest level of quality and service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Planner 1 – Fielder located in Norwalk, CA.
- Develops construction plans, identifies material requirements, develops cost estimates and identifies resource requirements for distribution overhead and underground projects that do not typically change the operating characteristics of the electrical system.
- Prepares drawings, performs data input into computer systems (AUD, DM, etc.), and prepares work order documentation and packages in support of distribution overhead and underground projects.
- Under the direction of a Planner 2 or 3, may perform work in support of larger, more complex projects.
- A high school diploma required.
- Typically possesses 6 + months experience in Planner Fielding role
- One year of experience using AutoCAD.
- One year of experience in utility pole loading and use of utility pole loading analysis software.
- One year experience with SPIDA.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must also work well with others in the company, along with representatives from other industries.
- Ability to stay focused and work without close supervision.
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Able to adjust priorities on short notice, manage interruptions and work well under pressure.
- Ability to timely meet deadlines; coordinate workloads with Supervisor.
- Effective communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Complies with and maintains company confidentiality practices and policies.
- Interacts professionally with all company employees and outside persons, such as customers, vendors and professional service providers.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure accurate and thorough completion of work activities.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate complex information appropriate and effectively.
- Comply with accounting and all other company policies, procedures, as well as all relevant federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled office, outdoors in all seasons, noise levels in work environment consist of soft to needing ear protection.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees assigned to this position. This description assists in ADA compliance, and is not intended for any other purpose such as compensation. All employees must comply with company policies and applicable laws. Management retains the right to assign additional duties periodically and the discretion to add or change the duties of this position any time.
Doty Brothers, Inc. offers a very competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
Doty Brothers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click Here To Apply