Mercy Health is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in our Defiance Urgent Care.
Must be comfortable seeing patients of all ages, suturing, splinting and performing procedures such as incisions and drainage.
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
About Mercy Health
Mercy Health is a mission-driven organization committed to making every patient’s life better – mind, body and spirit. We’re the largest health system and the fourth largest employer in Ohio, and one of the largest non-profit healthcare ministries in the United States. As a Catholic healthcare ministry serving Ohio and Kentucky, Mercy Health is ranked nationally in the top 20% of health systems in the nation for quality and efficiency.
Mercy Health is a recognized leader in providing quality, cost-effective healthcare and is a regional leader in collaboration with other community organizations to meet community needs. Mercy is a preferred provider in the majority of health insurance plans, we actively work to control healthcare costs through managed care contracts and insurance initiatives. Mercy Health encompasses seven hospitals and offers a medical staff of over 1,500 members to support the comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient services. We are driven by the Mercy mission planted by the Grey Nuns and nurtured by the Grey Nuns and Sisters of Mercy for more than a century-and-a-half, Mercy Children’s is dedicated to ongoing teaching, research – and most importantly – excellence in patient care. We are committed to providing the best healthcare available for children, both within our walls and through community outreach, and serving as an advocate for children throughout our region.
A culturally prosperous city, Toledo is home to a nationally renowned art museum and zoo, the Toledo Symphony, as well as the newly renovated Valentine Theater. The community is home to the Toledo Mud Hens, the Triple A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. The Mud Hens play in their downtown stadium, Fifth Third Field, which was named as one of the top minor league baseball stadiums in the country. Toledo also offers an ECHL hockey team, NCAA sports at the University of Toledo, and an annual LPGA golf tournament. Nature and outdoors lovers enjoy the close proximity to Lake Erie. Outstanding schools coupled with affordable housing give northwest Ohio families a great lifestyle. Toledo boasts of having 33 colleges and universities within a 60-mile radius, including a medical college within the metro area. Additionally, Ann Arbor, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus and Detroit are all within a short driving distance.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse for the State where practicing or licensed as a Physician Assistant in the State where practicing.
- Written standard care arrangement with collaborating physician in same specialty for APP and a supervisory plan for Physician Assistant.
- APP must possess APN certification by national certifying organization. Physician Assistant requires completion of an accredited physicians’ assistant program. Current or pending NCCPA (national commission on certification of physician assistants) certification.
- APP must possess a Master’s Degree in Nursing (through the year 2000, a CNM, CNP can obtain a certificate of authority, if certified in specialty, but without a Masters Degree.
- Certificate of Authority from Ohio Board of Nursing (Ohio Revised Code Section 4723.43) for APP.
- APP/Physician Assistant must be eligible to obtain prescriptive authority in related specialty.
- Current CPR certification required for APP/Physician Assistant.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in practice specialty is preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact effectively with patients and families, physicians and office staff. Must demonstrate sensitivity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office or equivalent.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $55.00 per hour
- Urgent Care
- 12 hour shift
- One location
Hours per week:
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
Click Here To Apply