The Client Consultant is the core of the Employee Benefits (“EB”) team through which new and existing business is managed. Success in the role is defined by client retention, satisfaction and growth. Individuals who love relationship management, strategy, adapting to the ever changing features and laws in the world of benefits, and plain ol’ rolling up the sleeves and getting the work done make great Client Consultants.
Fred C. Church’s Employee Benefits team is a small but mighty (and growing!) business line with its own set of customers as well as those shared with the commercial and private client groups. We present ourselves with a high-degree of professionalism, knowledge and respect, to our customers, business partners, community groups and, of course, our colleagues.
- Responsible for the creation, administration, management, and budgeting of employee benefit programs for clients.
- Ongoing monitoring and analysis of benefit program utilization and cost drivers and reporting aggregate results to upper management levels of client organization.
- Provides individualized advice and recommendations for clients as related to their employee benefits plans (including but not limited to medical, dental, life, disability).
- Advocates and facilitates complex benefit claim issues for clients.
- Researches, analyzes, compares and evaluates employee benefit programs for variety of clients.
- Interacts with various levels of clients’ hierarchy (including but not limited to CEO, CFO, HR) to explain, educate and outline renewals, marketing and potential cost savings through various options and programs.
- Trains client’s staff and employees of various clients in aspects of benefit programs.
- Participates in prospect meetings.
- Constant monitoring of Employee Benefits field including attendance at seminars and classes to remain abreast of statistics and strategies in the field.
- Negotiates with various vendors including insurance companies, third party administrators and medical facilities to provide services and products to clients and FCC.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Power user of MS Office (particularly Excel) and Acrobat Pro.
- Knowledge of employee benefits including funding methods, product lines, general benefits compliance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both individual and large group situations.
- Ability to explain complicated benefit concepts.
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage stressful situations professionally.
Education and Experience:
- Life and Health Insurance License.
- At least 5 years of employee benefit program experience preferred.
- CEBS, RHU, CLU or other similar designation preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Driver’s license in good standing and ability to travel to client sites from time to time.
Please visit www.fredcchurch.com/careers/ to submit your application and cover letter.
Fred C. Church is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Come join us!
Click Here To Apply