Schedule Weekly Hours:
Come join our Critical Care Unit as a Critical Care Tech!
Full-time position available working 72 hours per 2 weeks.
12 hour shifts, rotating Days and Nights, every 3rd weekend, and rotating holidays.
Days: 6:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Nights 6:30 p.m.-7:00 a.m.
Requires valid Wisconsin CNA certification and valid CPR BLS certification.
The Critical Care Technician is responsible for performing basic care of patients under the general supervision of an RN in Critical Care. The Technician will assist with data collection to facilitate the delivery of delegated nursing care.
1. In collaboration with an RN, demonstrates competency in patient ADL’s.
2. Demonstrates dependability, organizational skills and effective use of time by setting priorities to complete delegated work within established time frames in accordance with unit CBO/P and unit guidelines.
3. Demonstrates effective communication skills while providing patient care. Effectively communicates with health care team members
4. Demonstrates competency in interpreting and analyzing EKG rhythm strips utilizing RN resource.
5. Demonstrates competency in performing 12-Lead EKG
6. Demonstrates competency in point of care pertinent to the critical care setting
7. Demonstrates competency in preparation and assistance for central line insertion utilizing sterile technique.
8. Participates in quality improvement activities in order to continuously improve patient care and unit operations.
9. Participates in technician and staff meetings.
10. Assists in the orientation of new personnel.
11. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
REQUIRED High School Diploma or equivalency
REQUIRED 6 months experience in health care service taking care of patients.
DESIRED 6 months Previous C.N.A. experience.
License and Certifications:
Wisconsin Registered Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification; Heart Saver, Rescue and Military training network CPR; or the American Red Cross CPR certification (CPR) except Citizen and Animal classes
Age Specific Population Served:
Adolescent (13 – 17 years)
Adult (18 – 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I – All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Squatting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching – Shoulder Level Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching – Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching – Above Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
I f you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click Here To Apply