- Graduation from an accredited Nursing School and a current and valid license in the applicable State.
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience in a long-term or health care setting is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Observes, assesses, and reports resident conditions/changes and documents in accordance with Towne Square Care’s Policies & Procedures and state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Assists in collection and documentation of data relevant to resident assessment and evaluation.
- Consults with RN regarding changes in resident’s condition.
- Receives, transcribes, and executes physicians’ orders.
- Assures implementation of care plans as directed.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed.
- Participates in assigning duties and ensures the delivery of appropriate clinical care by the CNA staff.
- Assures that each resident’s accident or incident is fully documented and reported in accordance with Towne Square Care’s Policies and Procedures and state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to function as a Team Leader/Role Model.
- Identifies and secures equipment and supplies.
- Assists in the evaluation of subordinate staff and the occasional discipline/counsel of subordinate staff.
- Ensures a safe environment for resident population.
- Assures that each resident’s attending physician and family or responsible party is promptly notified of any significant change in the resident’s health condition.
- Maintains appropriate quality assurance logs for blood glucometer machines and any other equipment necessary for the delivery of quality nursing care.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attends in-service and educational programs.
- Attends continuing education required for maintenance of professional certification or licensure.
- Ability to communicate in English via phone, in writing, and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, patient families, and any outside customers.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to utilize a computer, phone, etc. for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Long term care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- Medication Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- LVN (Preferred)
- LPN (Preferred)
- Nursing home
- Current State Nursing License
- Nurses wear own scrubs
Click Here To Apply