We are seeking a DENTAL ASSISTANT to become a part of our team! You will be responsible for direct client care and administrative duties for dental care services.
- Prepare and assist the dentist with performing routine and specialty care.
- Taking patient medical history and recording it for Dentist’s review.
- Take x-rays and impressions of patient’s teeth.
- Demonstrates and teaches patients methods of maintaining oral health.
- Maintain regular contact with the Dentist to exchange information, solve problems, discuss planning and direction of dental services.
- Perform essential work within Electronic Health Record system and program data entry systems with a high degree of accuracy and completeness
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA and OSHA regulations
- Communicate in a culturally competent and effective manner to clients/caregivers regarding the services available
- Dental Assistant experience – 2 years minimum of work or proven volunteer experience in dental field
- Dental assistant training or equivalent dental training
- Good keyboard skills – 35 wpm
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and maintain emotional control under stress
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), a plus
- The position occasionally requires sitting, standing and bending. Occasional very light lifting, up to 20 pounds or an equivalent weight may be required.
- Must travel to Dickinson and Sugar Land Health Centers.
- Paid Time Off Plan, Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision, Life Insurance, 401K (6% Match), Paid Federal Holidays
Click Here To Apply