JOB TITLE: Practice Administrator – Independent Surgical Practice
REPORTS TO: Physician Owners/Partners
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for all management, operations, and accounting decisions in high-volume independent general and vascular surgeons’ practice
- Supervises all activities and staff; including but not limited to setting up and maintaining office workflows ranging from patient flows, staffing, performance management and adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Oversees the business and financial affairs of the practice and fiscal management in conjunction with the practice CPA.
- Provides oversight for all practice expenditures.
- Review and negotiation of office contracts for office supplies and equipment and with commercial insurance payors.
- Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing the quality of care.
- Ensures compliance with Medicare, HIPAA, OSHA, labor laws and the corporate compliance plan and responsible for reporting any suspected breaches or compliance issues to the appropriate internal contact.
- Ensures office location is in proper repair and addresses needs for upgrades, moves, and changes.
- Ensures effective management and delegation of responsibilities to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Monitors and improves productivity and other key performance indicators in collaboration with department supervisors of practice.
- Resolve administrative issues; ensures lines of communication are open to ensure high employee morale in a professional, healthy work environment.
- Informs providers and supervisors about current trends, problems and activities to initiate new policies or facilitate improvements to current policies and workflows.
- Promotes patient safety including creating a safe clinical environment for patients in accordance with industry standards and certifications.
- Maintains a consistent focus on the patient experience including immediately addressing customer service issues and enhancing office work flow to improve the overall patient experience.
- Participates in professional organizations for networking and information purposes and communicates updates and changes to physicians and staff.
- Maximizes a professional, effective, and efficient working atmosphere.
- Keep each call schedule calendar current and accurate for all physicians and answering service.
- Ensure hospital privileges for providers are obtained and maintained.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors’ degree required. Verifiable previous medical practice management experience required. Must be proficient with Excel. Must have extensive experience working with EMR systems.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Directly responsible for Supervisors and accounts receivable staff. Reports to physician owners.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, Resume/CV, and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Click Here To Apply