Arconic is seeking a Windows Architect to support our Corporate Enterprise Infrastructure business. This role reports to the Windows Engineering Manager and is located in Pittsburgh, PA. This position provides professional-level support for the company’s Window’s server systems design and implementation. The successful candidate will lead support in the current environment and develop, deploy and maintain new systems. If you have a history of success in this space and want to join a growing team that promotes from within, we encourage you to apply! Arconic is an essential business .
Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC) , headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that advance the ground transportation, aerospace, industrial, packaging and building and construction markets. In 2019, the businesses of Arconic Corporation reported annual revenue of $7.3 billion. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we make products that meet quality, efficiency and delivery objectives to achieve customer success and shareholder value.
Strong base salary plus variable compensation bonus structure
Generous Health Benefits beginning day 1! medical, life, dental and vision plans
401(k) Match Program (6%) PLUS a Retirement contribution (3%)
Competitive annual vacation accrual PLUS 10 annual paid holidays
Position Profile : The Windows Architect is responsible for architecting and maintaining Windows infrastructure on-premises and in the cloud, including Microsoft Active Directory, existing Windows & Office 365 systems, and Azure Cloud Environment.
Essential Functions: This position includes both creation of strategic vision, and tactical management including execution, examples include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, infrastructure flexibility, and scalability;
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities;
- Validation of application teams’ designs for adherence to company standards;
- Participate in proof-of-concept tests to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy;
- Communicate and validate program architecture with Infrastructure Team, Project Management Office, and other organizational teams;
- Perform end-to-end technical design, develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions, create impact analyses, and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions;
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations;
- Provide top level of support for incidents and problems in designated areas of expertise;
- Maintain an off-shore and on-shore model of human resources for development efforts and operational support .
Essential Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Systems and Technology — Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the practical application of systems and technology. This includes knowledge of systems architecture, hardware, operations and life cycle.
- Expert Level Windows Administration Skills and Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Active Directory (Site Topology, DNS, DHCP, DFS(r), Account Management, AD FS, Enterprise CA, AD Design Skills, GPOs, KMS, ETC.)
- Azure Active Directory (Azure Cloud Provisioning, Azure Security/Networking, Azure Monitoring, Azure DevOps, Azure Infrastructure Performance Tuning and Optimization)
- Hyper-V 2012 (R2), 2016
- Project Management – Job requires planning and completion of large and small projects.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills – Job requires partnership with all levels of the organization.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance – Job requires dealing calmly and effectively in high stress situations, including conflict resolution.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time. This position requires self-motivation with autonomous work ethic.
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and manage any resulting conflict.
- Works as part of a geographically dispersed team (e.g. local, global) using a variety of technologies. Acknowledges & accommodates, where appropriate, any variance in time zones and native language.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience of relevant IT work
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing enterprise wide infrastructure in a matrix, global environment
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience with SCCM Current branch, Windows 10 1803 and above , Office 365
- Strong PowerShell, Python ETC. development skills
- Understanding of information and application security concepts including public key encryption, remote access, access credentials, and certificate-based authentication
- Experience and understanding of Identity & Access Management (IAM) concepts
- Experience with user provisioning/de-provisioning strategies and governance creation
: United States-PA-Pittsburgh
US PI1 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
201 Isabella Street
: Information Technology
: 50002-96015 DATA CENTER CONSOLIDATION
: Day Job
: Experienced Hourly Paid or Salaried : Salaried
: Individual Contributor
: Dec 6, 2020, 8:11:25 AM
Minimum Years of Experience : 5
EOE, including Disability/Vets
Click Here To Apply