Are you looking to find personal and professional fulfillment, and align your career with your values?
At Gateway Foundation, our employees have an opportunity to make a difference every day by helping people with substance abuse issues gain control of their lives.
Gateway Foundation is a recognized non-profit leader in evidence-based treatment proven to get results. Our experts in Addiction Medicine—including highly educated clinical and medical professionals and expert psychiatrists and nurses—deliver care that never stops. Throughout Gateway’s proud history of helping others, dedicated and professional employees have been vital to accomplishing our life-saving mission.
If you are a collaborative professional who shares our commitment to helping people with substance abuse and mental health issues turn their lives around – GATEWAY IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
Counselors are responsible for:
- Prepares and conducts group counseling or therapeutic encounter sessions to promote the development of effective life skills to support a healthy, drug-free lifestyle.
- Prepares and conducts individual client counseling sessions to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, and making life changes.
- Prepares and delivers educational programs and lectures related to disease of addiction, relapse prevention, life skills, problem solving, behavior modification, anger management, etc. to clients. May provide employment or vocational counseling.
- Acts as a client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations to support continued recovery.
- Conducts comprehensive client assessment to formulate diagnostic impression and through consultation with the supervisor prepares individualized treatment plans to meet developmentally appropriate goals, interventions.
- Develops client discharge plans to integrate aftercare treatment with referral resource services.
- Documents treatment plans, narrative progress notes, interventions, treatments, evaluations, discharge summaries, treatment plan reviews, etc.; maintains client records and charts to ensure organizational, regulatory, accreditation, and contractual compliance.
- Assists with milieu management by monitoring residential clients’ behaviors and assisting with their daily living.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including occasional supervision of interns and coaching less senior staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2 years clinical experience working with substance abusers preferred; 1 year TC experience
- Current CAP certification required; if not certified at hire, must have within 6 months of employment
- Ability to walk and move about the facilities for up to two hours at a time, to monitor and interact with clients
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to use a keyboard and video display terminal to receive, retrieve, and/or audit information and data
- Ability to record, proofread and check documents and files for accuracy
- Ability to respond to telephones, and to hear and detect alarms and unusual noises
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
Gateway Foundation values its employees and provides an inclusive and diverse work environment where dedicated employees can make a difference. We are committed to engaging and rewarding our employees in meaningful ways. For eligible employees, we provide a Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Health Insurance – Including a wellness premium incentive opportunity
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Including 18 days of PTO and 9 paid holidays in the first year
- Catastrophic Absence Time (CAT) – Accrue up to seven days annually, to be used during an extended personal illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gateway is a qualified employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Click Here To Apply