The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
In conjunction with the Location Manager, the Location Supervisor is responsible for leading the location team and focused on achieving the goals and priorities of the company and AB SGS. Priority is to ensure all location personnel has a robust understanding and adherence of company’s safety policies and procedures along with supervising operational and support staffs at the location(s); including staffing, training, product handling, scheduling, dispatch, order fulfillment, storage and inventory management, budgeting, fleet management, equipment maintenance, procurement and records retention. Directs or assists with training of operations and application staff and may supervise other location staff. Responsible for ensuring successful day-to-day operations.
- In conjunction with Group and Simplot EHS&S function, ensures company safety programs (ex. CARE) is implemented, maintained, and regulatory requirements (i.e. DOT and environmental) are adhered to through weekly safety meetings, direct actions or management oversight. Ensures safety policies and procedures are communicated and followed along with maintaining and ensuring proper certifications.
- Supervises and performs plant, equipment and fleet maintenance work, loading and delivery of product to customers, receiving and unloading, warehouse inventory and storage functions, and/or duties related to the appropriate application of chemical and fertilizer products such as calculating product amounts and calibrating equipment.
- Ensures effective work force maintained by selecting, coaching, training, and managing performance of crew. Organizes day-to-day operation and determines work practices and procedures to optimize utilization of resources. Ensures coordination with the Market Manger and Crop Advisors to ensure efficient operations along with strong customer commitment (internal and external).
- Assists management in planning and implementing facility and capital improvement.
- Performs recordkeeping functions related to invoicing, inventory, scheduling, parts ordering, employee files, etc.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
Associate’s Degree (A.A. or equivalent)
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirements of the role.
- Advanced expertise relating to the assigned functional area, in specific technological areas which would include: mechanical, equipment, record-keeping.
- Knowledge of farming environments, knowledge of chemical and fertilizer requirements and application techniques, knowledge of geographic area including types of crops and farming requirements and cultural practices would be helpful.
- Incumbents typically have experience in the industry or experience within Simplot Grower Solutions.
- Demonstrated supervisory, planning, organization, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to maximize productivity within a team environment. Proactive in providing customer service and support beyond typical operational needs.
- Analysis and problem-solving abilities to deal with out-of-the-ordinary assignments.
- Distinguishing Features: Works independently under general guidelines. Incumbent uses established procedures, customer needs, goals, and Supervisor direction to set priorities. Demonstrated focus on meeting customer expectations and working to deliver excellent customer service.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to lead, communicate and motivate teams.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to become familiar with industry related software.
- Must have advanced interaction skills and the ability to successfully deal with people from other locations and regions
Commerical Driver’s License (CDL)
Job Requisition ID: 2620
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Location(s): SGS Retail – Wheatland
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at [email protected]
Click Here To Apply