MISSION: The mission of the Long Island FQHC, INC. is to increase access to comprehensive primary and preventive health care and to improve the health status of the community, especially for the undeserved and vulnerable in a financially responsible manner.
The Long Island FQHC, Inc. (Long Island Federally Qualified Health Center or LIFQHC) has 5 health centers, providing primary care and preventative medicine in the following locations in Nassau County: Roosevelt, Elmont, Hempstead, Freeport, and New Cassel/Westbury. As a federally qualified center, we serve the individuals in our communities, providing enhanced services, expanded hours and reduced prescription pricing, while raising the level of care. We treat patients regardless of income, residency or immigration status.
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
The Project Manager is an administrative leadership role that is responsible for various projects within operations and business development. The Project Manager oversees and coordinates administrative functions, plans and supports development of new sites and related projects. The Project Manager maintains and encourages efficient and effective communication with all team members in order to foster a successful environment, and participates in business development, quality and service initiatives.
- Manage project team to execute operations project effectively and efficiently, from beginning to end
- Define scope, budget and timeline schedule for operations project.
- Identify project risks and recommend appropriate resolutions.
- Manage project timelines and overseas all elements of complex projects
- Work closely with Facilities Operations Coordinator and Purchasing Coordinator to track all aspects of projects and preparation (inventory, tools, equipment)
- Collaborate with consultants, construction agencies, subcontractors, engineers, and government agencies
- Negotiate with external vendors and property managers on contract agreements
- Obtains appropriate licenses, permits, and other approvals as needed for expansion and construction projects.
- Act as lead for DOH visits
- Assist in the development of the project budget in consideration with cost optimization and reduction goals.
- Track, monitor and control expense based on budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure project execution within defined budget and timelines.
- Manage and lead scope changes for operations project.
- Manage resource assignment, work allocation and software and hardware requirements for operations project.
- Conduct regular project status meetings with administration.
- Address questions and concerns of Board member, administration, patient and staff in a professional and confident manner.
- Provide project progress status, delays and issues to administration in timely manner.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet expectations.
- Provide support and guidance to operations team as and when needed.
- Develop and implement project management procedures and methodologies to achieve business goals.
- Participates in LEAN and other activities necessary to implement the multi-disciplinary patient-centered medical home approach
- Other duties as assigned.
- Construction experience preferred
- Knowledge of Article 28 Regulations
- Knowledge of Infection Control/OSHA/ Building Codes
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Health Care Administration with five or more years of progressive management experience in an ambulatory care or a related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Care Administration/Management, or related field with three or more years of progressive management experience in ambulatory care or related fields preferred.
- Good verbal, writing, planning and evaluation skills required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills; while maintaining professionalism, tact and discretion.
- Knowledge of public health practices and procedures and collaborative management techniques.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Click Here To Apply