The Long Island FQHC, Inc. (Long Island Federally Qualified Health Center or LIFQHC) is a non-profit healthcare organization with 7 health centers, providing primary care and preventative medicine in the following locations in Nassau County: Roosevelt, Elmont, Hempstead, Freeport, Oceanside, and New Cassel/Westbury. In addition, the LIFQHC has 3 school-based health centers, WIC offices (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) in 3 locations, and a Health Home Care Coordination program. As federally qualified health centers, we serve the individuals in our communities, providing enhanced services, expanded hours and reduced prescription pricing, while raising the level of care. We treat patients regardless of income, residency or immigration status.
The Long Island FQHC offers a stable employment opportunity with a growing company, and competitive base compensation along with health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401-K with company match, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
MISSION: The mission of the Long Island FQHC, INC. is to increase access to comprehensive primary and preventive health care and to improve the health status of the community, especially for the underserved and vulnerable in a financially responsible manner.
JOB TITLE: Medical Case Management Technician
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
- Track documents for patient eligibility.
- Work with the Medical Case Management team at LIFQHC-Roosevelt .
- Assist with paperwork related to entitlements and completion of medical update forms for community based organizations.
- Assist with scheduling labs, follow-up on patient referrals, and outreach to patients that are lost to care.
- Responsible for tracking clinic appointments and assisting with reminder/follow-up calls and mailings.
- Participate in case conferences with clinicians, medical case managers, and other staff upon necessity.
- Responsible for inputting all patient information in CAREWARE software and for monthly Program reporting.
- Medical records maintenance.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Professional, well organized and detail oriented
- Able to provide high quality customer service to patients
- Able to perform prolonged mental effort, complex Multi – tasking, organizing & priority setting
- Able to use standard office equipment (phone, fax, copy machine, scanner, email/voicemail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in health care
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Creole preferred
- Physical ability to perform functions of job (lifting, mobility and manual dexterity)
SALARY: $18-$22 per hour.
MORE INFORMATION: This is a non-exempt position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform a range of physical activities that are essential to the core work functions
Click Here To Apply