Date Posted: 11/22/2020
Education: Master’s Degree
We are seeking a Child and Youth Behavioral (CYB) Counselor to work within the school district surrounding Wright Patterson in Dayton Ohio.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position has the primary responsibility of providing the full breadth of Child and Youth Behavioral (CYB) counseling services to children of all ages of military service members and their families at military installations.
- Non-medical counseling, training, health and wellness presentations
- Consultation with parent and personnel at child daycare centers and schools
- Consultation to installation command regarding behavioral health issues affecting children and youth
- CYB counselors who are assigned to DoDEA and community schools will need to have experience working in a school setting to qualify for this position.
- CYB counselors may also be assigned to youth programs, summer camps, and on demand assignments. The counselors work closely with the installation and military branch Points of Contact (POC) to ensure that the program is provided within scope and meets the needs of the installation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused child and youth counseling methods.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of post-masters supervised clinical experience
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree (MA/MS/MBA) with study in Behavioral Health
- Licensed at the independent practice level; Independent Clinical OH License
- CYB counselors must meet the MFLC CYB criteria for experience with children and youth and specialty in child and adolescent development/psychology.
- School assigned counselors must have prior work experience in a school setting to qualify for assignment
- Must be able to prove US Citizenship.
Browse All JCS Military Support Services Careers
JCS Military Support is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Title: Child and Youth Behavioral Counselor (MFLC)
Class: School Counselor
Work Type: PERMANENT ONLY
Ref. No.: 1197920-52
Company: JCS MSS, Inc.
Contract Contact: Heather
Office Email: [email protected]
Office Phone: 267-295-2229
Office Address: 950 E Haverford Road, Suite 100A, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
About Us: Registering on JCSMiltiary.com website portal is not a guarantee that contracting opportunities will be available and/or located. Use of our website is for information transfer only and is not an application, offer or commitment by either party. You are under no obligation to proceed. When and if opportunities become available, you may accept or decline such referrals at your sole discretion. Further steps are required to complete your registration with the appropriate legal entity.
Click Here To Apply