Date Posted: 11/22/2020
Education: Master’s Degree
We are seeking a Child and Youth Behavioral (CYB) Counselor to work within CDC surrounding Malmstrom AFB. CYB Counselors may be assigned to youth programs, summer camps, and on-demand assignments.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide non-medical, short-term, and walk-around counseling
- Implement training or health and wellness presentations, and consultation to the brigade or regiments command regarding behavioral health issues with a unique understanding of the particular military unit, culture, and mission.
- Develop and manage the complex relationships necessary to successfully work closely with the command personnel and leadership hierarchy providing the highest level of consultative services
- Provide assessment, brief counseling and consultation, action planning, and referral resources (ensuring linkage as appropriate) and follow-up as indicated
- Enter counselor activity data on a daily basis through smart phone, web, or fax to ensure that reporting is accurate from assigned installation, while maintaining client or service member confidentiality.
- Cultivate and maintain direct, high-level relationships with high-level commanders and personnel within the assigned military unit, utilizing superior senior relationship management skills and recognizing the unique structure and mission of the assigned military unit.
- Responsible for the development of an excellent working relationship with the installation POC (Point of Contact), command, and the command POC.
- Create a presence within the brigade or regiment in which the service and family members feel comfortable approaching the Counselor, and recognizing the program to be confidential.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with community resources and provide appropriate linkages for service members and their families.
- Partner with POC to provide MFLC services in a manner that addresses the needs of the brigade/regiment.
- Manage duty to warn and restricted reporting situations according to DoD protocol and staff the cases with Regional Supervisor or Regional Director.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree (MA/MS/MBA)
- Minimum of 2-5 years of post-masters supervised clinical experience.
- Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused child and youth counseling methods.
- Licensed at the independent practice level; Independent Clinical MT License
- CYB counselors must meet the MFLC CYB criteria for experience with children and youth and specialize in child and adolescent development or psychology.
- School assigned counselors must have past work experience in a school setting to qualify for assignment.
- Must be able to prove US Citizenship.
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with military culture
Browse All JCS Military Support Services Careers
JCS Military Support is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Title: Child and Youth Behavioral Counselor (MFLC)
Class: Mental Health
Work Type: PERMANENT ONLY
Ref. No.: 1187640-76
Company: JCS MSS, Inc.
Contract Contact: Heather
Office Email: [email protected]
Office Phone: 267-295-2229
Office Address: 950 E Haverford Road, Suite 100A, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
About Us: Registering on JCSMiltiary.com website portal is not a guarantee that contracting opportunities will be available and/or located. Use of our website is for information transfer only and is not an application, offer or commitment by either party. You are under no obligation to proceed. When and if opportunities become available, you may accept or decline such referrals at your sole discretion. Further steps are required to complete your registration with the appropriate legal entity.
Click Here To Apply