WeCare Health Care Centers is currently looking for a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant to provide services to residents at its two Rochester facilities, Wedgewood Nursing and Rehabilitation in Spencerport, and The Brook at High Falls Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Rochester.
Following referral by a physician and evaluation by the Occupational Therapist, the primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct occupational therapy services which include, but are not limited to, the use of specific activities or methods to develop, improve and/or restore the performance of necessary functions, compensate for dysfunction and/or minimize debilitation and the planning for and documentation of treatment performance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must possess, as a minimum, an Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college or university as well as (2) years experience as a COTA and evidence of current registration with the NYS Education Department. Must also have a current NYS Certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant, as well as a current Certification by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in program planning, development and execution of treatment programs in accordance with recommendations made by the OTR.
- Provide documentation of residents’ status relevant to screening, assessments, treatment programs, progress notes, discharge planning and follow-up care. In addition, maintain departmental records and documentation.
- Provide direct patient care including screening, ADL assessment, training, issuance of appropriate adaptive equipment, fabrication and monitoring of orthotic devices and the implementation of treatment programs as directed by the OTR. Report observations of residents’ performance, response to services and/or recommendation for termination of resident services to the OTR.
- Meet regularly with the OTR to exchange information, problem solve and give feedback.
- Order equipment for the department and maintain inventory of such equipment. When indicated, purchase petty cash items for use with treatment.
- Write Medicare/Medicaid justifications for equipment.
- Perform maintenance and/or repairs on equipment as necessary. Send appropriate repair requisitions when indicated. Keep current with new methods and techniques by attending educational conferences, staff meetings and Interdisciplinary Team meetings as necessary.
- Provide in-service to staff as necessary or requested. Be familiar with facility policy and procedures regarding emergency action and safety precautions of residents and/or staff. Maintain standards of discretion regarding personal information of all residents.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities and organizations.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
- Perform any other pertinent duties as assigned by my supervisor.
- I understand that emergency conditions may require me to temporarily work shifts other than the one for which I have applied and been assigned, and agree to such scheduling change or overtime when necessary to ensure proper operation of the Homes as directed by my supervisor.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKER TRAITS:
- Present a neat and professional appearance.
- Uphold Pride Program philosophy.
- Creative and progressive in performance of job duties.
- Possess the ability to delegate responsibility and make decisions based on objective and complete information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work will be performed in a well lighted, well equipped, clean, large work area.
- Work will require standing, walking, lifting and transferring residents.
Attends in-service programs and staff development programs as provided by the facility to maintain compliance with the Department of Health and other regulatory agencies, as well as Nursing Home policies and procedures.
Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
PERSONAL PRORTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: N/A
CONTACTS: Residents, Staff, Family Members, Medical Personnel
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Supervised by: Director of Occupational Therapy
5 Church St, Spencerport, NY 14559, USA
Click Here To Apply