2021 MORTGAGE CLOSING MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
Fountain is passionate about creating award winning client experience and company culture. We provide home loans with exceptional and personalized service. We are driven by belief that ‘home’ is the starting point for love, hope and dreams; our employees serve both clients and one another with the highest degree of integrity, honesty and transparency. Fountain is increasing leadership and support staff through cultivation and acquisition in order to efficiently sustain and scale production. We regularly invest in “de-stress fests” like kickball in the park, March Madness watch parties, and regular happy hours. We are the #1 Mortgage Company in 2017, 2018 and 2019 as voted by readers of The Pitch KC, and we are preparing to win best places to work in 2021.
Job Title: Closing & Post-Closing Manager
Reports to: Interim COO first 90 days, then Director of Mortgage Operations
- To personally average 40 closed units per month and lead the Closing Team to achieve the following 2021 goals:
- 1500-1750 closed units
- Staff department so full-time Closers handle a limit of 60 units per month
- 50% of initial closing disclosures ready for review 7* days prior to closing date will go out to title with LO approval 72* hours prior to original closing date for REFINANCES
- Initial CD’s going out with 95% accuracy to what final figures end up being once balanced with title
- 75% of Final CDs will go out 48 hours prior to closing for PURCHASES
- $75,000 – $85,000 base salary based on experience
- PTO = 10 days
- Company Holidays = 7 days
- Benefits = medical, dental, vision, 401K
This position is responsible for generating an enthusiastic closing team through leadership, example, and strategic planning to ensure Fountain Mortgage meets its sales goals, service objectives, and people-first commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, promoting, and disciplining department staff ensuring goals and objectives are met
- Establish, maintain, and enhance best practices of mortgage closing procedures.
- Assist in developing, tracking, and reporting department goals, performance metrics, strategies, and results.
- Maintains open and productive communication with other managers within Fountain Mortgage and with upper management.
- Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the Fountain’s values, philosophies, and leadership characteristics while developing a strong support culture with closing team in line with company culture
- Coordinate and ensure accurate balancing of Closing Disclosures to meet timelines and milestones as required by TRID regulation, and/or investor policies.
- Ensure accuracy of all closing packages through precise reviews of final underwriting approval, title commitment and loan documents with Encompass and Doc Magic systems.
- Ensure closing dates and critical details are verified on time and accurately with parties to the loan: loan officer, processor and title company
- Effectively communicate with team members and departments to ensure timely and accurate closings and funding of loans; must have the ability to connect, communicate and execute well with team and other departments
- Ensure all collateral and loans are shipped in accordance with agreements and investor lending policies within the required deadlines and investor related exceptions, stipulations, and requirements are satisfied within established service level agreements
- Ensure all loans are reported to Mortgage Electronic Registration System (MERS) and transferred accordingly.
- Effectively carry out robust pipeline management and work queue management to meet desired timelines and investor requirements
- Monitor the receipt and delivery of all final documents to the investor and manage the on-site storage of files, delivery to off-site storage facility and retention based on state and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the department and work with other department managers to streamline and promote changes to existing policies and procedures in an effort to promote best practices and enhance productivity.
- Administer training, coaching, and corrective measures to team members that promotes attainment goals and continuous improvement.
- 3+ years of management experience managing multiple teams and diverse tasks/operations.
- 3+ years of Mortgage Operations/Post Closing Mortgage/Title Operations.
- Effective management and leadership abilities (workflow and employees).
- Strong desire for personal growth and growth of department
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with ability to resolve interpersonal conflict and miscommunications.
- Thorough knowledge of the MERS process and system, investor delivery and pool certification as it pertains to documentation requirements.
- Knowledge of TRID
- Ability to use independent judgment to achieve assigned objectives and goals while operating within corporate and departmental policy guidelines.
- Extensive Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA guideline knowledge
- Experience utilizing a PC-based loan management system, preferably Encompass & Blend, which utilizes pipeline tracking and management capabilities.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
This position is expected to work in general office environment. In this position, individual will be expected to lift up to 20 pounds from time to time. Also, must be able to stoop, bend, reach, or stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time.
WORK SCHEDULE (flexible): Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m
- Closing Personal Files – 15 hours per week
- Reporting – 2 hours per week
- Communication & Planning – 2 hours per week
- Team Meetings – 4 hours per week
- 1:1 Meetings – 4 hours per week
- Support & Train Team – 2 hours per week
- Developing SOPs – 2 hours per week
- Hiring – 1 hour per week
- Pipeline Management (between 125-150 units per month) – 8 hours per week
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- mortgage: 3 years (Required)
- management: 3 years (Required)
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Click Here To Apply