We are expanding and looking for…
Licensed Professional Counselors to join our virtual office, with the hope to add more in-person offices. Please don’t apply without thoroughly reading this job posting. Must be willing to offer a minimum of 25 sessions per week.
needs to be independent but collaborative, driven & an initiative-taker, and enhance our fun, connected, and positive-minded practice. We can only hire therapists who are extremely comfortable with and highly skilled in the use of technology, as the practice is 100% electronically run. In addition, the majority of your sessions will be online, at least at first. When it’s safe to do so, we also incorporate Walk & Talk Therapy as a practice and will have a space in which you can see patients in person, at some point.
Newly licensed counselors are welcome to apply!
We don’t care if you’ve been licensed 1 day, 1 year, or 10+ years. WE WANT THERAPISTS WHOSE VALUES ALIGN WITH OURS and are driven to provide the highest quality of therapy. The rest can be learned & comes with experience. We value “practicing what we preach” and do our best to model living a healthy life.
Perks at Coastal Light Counseling…
- Supportive Leadership – Regular Guidance & Growth Encouragement
- Practice-wide Trainings, Consultation time, Commingling/Social Hours (currently online)!
Coastal Light doesn’t just provide therapy, it provides an experience…
is to lead the industry in providing an unparalleled experience to patients, rooted in forward-thinking services, concierge-style patient care, inspiring presentation, and through leveraging technology.
NO STUFFY THERAPISTS HERE…
We like to have fun & laugh & joke around with each other. We are more than just co-workers or colleagues, we are a family. We support one another and treat each other with love and kindness, creating an environment filled with joy. We are searching for other joy-filled therapists who want to be a part of something much bigger than just a run-of-the-mill counseling office.
Coastal Light Counseling…
is appreciated for its sophisticated, user-friendly website, integrated & immediate online scheduling, and personal patient portal accounts. Our dedication to the patient experience is innovating the field as we know it and shifting the paradigm of how therapy is provided.
Our group practice is green, paper-free, and fully electronic-based, using state-of-the-art web-based software to help counselors seamlessly handle all aspects of their part of practice management, such as: electronic health record software, HIPAA-secure messaging, Telehealth platform, & managing your own schedule. We are also an Apple-loving practice, so MacBooks & iPhones are required, to help us manage seamlessly!
Coastal Light Counseling is a practice that values love, kindness, joy, & fun above all else. Our goal is continued growth, individually and as a practice.
We will evaluate and hire candidates based on the following minimum qualifications:
- Highly skilled/comfortable in the use of electronic devices (MacBooks, iPads, iPhones) & online software – It’s kind of hard to work in a fully online practice without this skill!
- We really like exclamation points! If you only use periods and not exclamation points, this probably isn’t the practice for you! Seriously – we’re totally not joking. Friendly communication is essential.
- Currently licensed to practice INDEPENDENTLY (unable to accept pre-licensed professionals – unless you are within a couple of months of being licensed & have passed the NCMHCE).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and secure enough to respond openly, not defensively, to feedback
- Ability to be non-judgmental and accepting
- Demonstrates an understanding of and values empathy as a cornerstone of counseling
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- High level of self-awareness and willingness to learn/change
- High level of social-awareness and multi-cultural competency
- Conscientious and respectful of authority
- Humble, patient, & kind
- Willingness to use the term “Patient” rather than “client”, as we find this an important way to advocate for our profession in the medical field
- Must focus on their own personal physical, mental, & emotional health and reflect that in their daily lives
- Smells nice (or at least doesn’t stink 😉 – especially when having in-person sessions. You can be as stinky as you want, if you’re doing teletherapy from home!
- Incorporates a psychodynamic perspective to address the root causes of patients’ issues
- Currently credentialed with Anthem/BCBS
- Approved as a non-network TRICARE Certified Provider
- Has established clientele
- Has an established referral network
- Has attended counseling theirself, to work through underlying issues and knows what it’s like on the other side of the room
- We are not accepting smokers, vapers, or users of similar substances that are contrary to healthy well-being &/or addictive in nature. – It just goes against the whole “modeling health & wellness” thing – not to mention the smelling good qualification!
Compensation is based on number of sessions and paid out monthly.
Salary range provided is an estimate (based on 25-35 sessions per week), and is dependent on services counselor provides.
*Please submit a PERSONALIZED cover letter with your resume. Applications without cover letters will likely not be reviewed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
Pay: $60,000.00 – $84,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
We are currently using teletherapy only to maintain our therapists’ safety.
- Master’s (Required)
- license to practice counseling independently (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
Hours per week:
Company’s Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Click Here To Apply