Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Medical Social Worker
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
Oak Street Health takes a team-based approach to providing outstanding patient care. Our Care Teams build individual relationships across a panel of 500-800 patients. The Care Team is responsible for delivering excellent, high-touch, primary care, and coordinating the care of our patients throughout the healthcare delivery system.
Medical Social Workers are an important part of our Care Teams. High levels of flexibility, energy, attention to detail, and problem solving are required to be successful. You will be expected to build relationships with Oak Street Health patients, manage patient’s care plans, perform proactive phone and in-person outreach to our patients based on their care needs, support Care Team decision making, participate in weekly care team meetings, and generally coordinate all clinical and auxiliary services needed to provide a high quality health care experience from Oak Street Health.
What we’re looking for?
We’re looking for motivated, experienced social workers with:
- A problem-solving orientation and a flexible and positive attitude
- Prior independent care management or case coordination experience
- Experience conducting home visits and providing telephonic support
- Enthusiasm for working with adults with disabilities, older adults, and adults with severe and persistent mental illness
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary team preferred
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters in Social Work, LCSW Required
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- Proficient PC skills
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Competitive benefits; including paid vacation/sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year
- MSW, LCSW, OR LISW (Required)
Click Here To Apply