We are seeking a Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical clinic running smoothly.
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support medical staff
- Communicate and coordinate with other physician offices for health records
- Communicate and coordinate with hospital surgery scheduling or surgery center scheduling
- Escort patients to and from exam rooms
- Ensure all patient forms are filled out correctly.
- Input patient data into EHR
- Take patient vitals and input them into EHR
- Turnover exam rooms and ensure highest level of cleanliest
- Preferred previous experience as a medical assistant
- Familiarity with medical billing procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate well with various patient demographics
- Computer Savvy (EHR, Microsoft Suite)
- Spanish knowledge a plus!!!!
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Responsible use of confidential information and maintenance of HIPAA and various other government agency compliance
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions and written policies/procedures to ensure adherence to standards and to instructions from management.
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with all members of the healthcare community.
- Ability to establish and manage working relationships with patients, clients, employees, insurance payers and the public.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing about complex patient issues.
- Experience in medical terminology
- Experience in medical billing and collection practices are plus!!
· Emotional and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the position.
· Involves some lifting of patients, moving of heavy equipment on wheels, and moving patients in wheelchairs and stretchers.
· Requires holding prolonged arm positions necessary for vitals, etc.
· Work area is adequately heated, lighted and ventilated.
Responsible use of confidential information and maintenance of HIPAA and various other government agency compliance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CCMA) (Required)
- One location
- Insurance verification
- Answering phones
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply