Geospatial Engineer (12Y)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
Geospatial engineers are responsible for using geographic data that supports military/civilian operations for Disaster Relief and Homeland Security. They collect, analyze and distribute geospatial information to represent the terrain and its possible effects.
- Extract geographic data from satellite imagery, aerial photography and field reconnaissance
- Create geographic data and compile them into maps
- Help commanders visualize the battlefield
- Create and maintain multiple geospatial databases
- Prepare military-style briefs covering all aspects of the terrain
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN
- Ages 17-34
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a geospatial engineer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions, including on-the-job instruction for geographic information systems.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Basic knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
- Geographic analysis
- Imagery interpretation and exploitation
- Interest in geography, maps and charts
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills and work with drafting equipment
- Conceptualize ideas into computer-generated 2-D/3-D geospatial products
- Preference in a technical career field
Required ASVAB Score(s)Skilled Technical (ST): 100, General Technical (GT): 100
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $1,602.00 – $2,262.00 per month
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Click Here To Apply