The Sofidel Group is one of the leading manufacturers of paper for hygienic and domestic use worldwide. Established in 1966, the Group has subsidiaries in 13 countries – Italy, Spain, the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, Greece, Romania, Turkey and the USA – with more than 6,000 employees.
The North American Headquarters for Sofidel America is in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania with additional plants operating in six states (Florida, Wisconsin, Nevada, Oklahoma, Ohio, and Mississippi) as a tissue paper manufacturer for Consumer and Away-from-Home products.
We are currently looking for a Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor for our Inola, Oklahoma facility.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor to our Paper Mill E&I Technicians team, you will have the opportunity to lead and work with a team of individuals that works on the front line of our new business unit. This supervisor will need to have the capacity to ensure reliable operation and continuous maintenance and service of all electrical, automated, and quality control and safety systems within the Paper Mill. He/She will contribute to continuous process improvement and project management programs, supervise and provide electrical and instrumentation leadership, troubleshooting and technical expertise as guided by precedent and while working within the limits of established policies. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Ensure reliable operation and maintenance of all electrical, automated, and quality control systems within the Paper Mill. Set up, schedule, assign and monitor the performance of preventive maintenance routines on paper mill, electrical equipment, and instrumentation systems, and schedule assign and monitor work orders to resolve operational issues.
- Create preventive maintenance routines for electrical equipment. Program and install devices to capture machine data, write procedures and design feedback loops to display machine data on a computer display. Verify readings, build and modify new processes and programs as needed.
- Program computerized monitoring system. Monitor output to determine if settings are correct. Create programs for mill to produce various products. Set parameters to alert machine operators of potential problems or anomalies.
- Change timings, timing cycles, phases, to ensure various aspects of machine functioning work as one. Set up cables or instrumentation for new equipment or instruments. Run cables and computer lines for mill and other departments.
- Develop and implement training program for maintenance department. Set up and implement safety programs for electrical and instrumentation systems. Train employees in new safety programs and procedures including the proper use of the lockout-tag-out program and Arc Flash Hazards and other common areas of safety hazard.
- Provide Electrical and Instrumentation leadership, troubleshooting and technical expertise. Lead, coach and mentor employees and contractors. Troubleshoot and diagnose problems related to instrumentation and electrical failure, report conditions, and recommend steps to be taken. Monitor instruments to determine within acceptable range.
- Participate in paper mill safety and process improvement committees, recommend policies and improvements.
- Participate in PM2 project management. Review plans and documentation. Provide guidance and recommendations.
- Develop a structured equipment list of all equipment in PM utilizing Express Maintenance (CMMS) prioritizing work orders
- Identify and specify electrical and automation equipment for internal projects as well as spare parts. Anticipate needs and maintain spare parts inventory
- Interview, select, recommend, train and assign mill maintenance staff. Provide direction and mentoring, develop and communicate performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of staff, both as a department and individually. Evaluate performance and provide counseling and coaching to employees. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
- Perform routine facilities electrical repairs such as installing switches, and changing fixtures and ballasts. Diagnose problems, determine extent of repairs, and make recommendations for resolution.
- Assist with housekeeping duties; maintain the organization and cleanliness of the facility.
- Observe and comply with proper safety procedures at all times.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
Your Skills & Expertise
To set you up for success from day one. Sofidel is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- AA degree in Electronics; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exhibits strong leadership skills specifically in leading skilled trades employees
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, network and process control
- Knowledge of applicable software (Microsoft office suite, SAP, etc)
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills from root cause analysis to standardization of improvement
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and actively interact with cross-functional teams
- Experience with computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment. Meters, hotpot tools, and standard electrical tools
In addition to offering a competitive base salary, Sofidel offers the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Additional Life Insurance for employee, spouse, & children
- Career Advancement
Sofidel also offers Company Paid Benefits:
- Performance Based Bonus Plans
- Short – Term Disability
- Long – Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off ( Personal Time Off & Vacation)
- Six Paid Holidays Per Year with up to four (4) additional floating holidays per year
- Employee Assistance Program
***Please be advised that there has been increased activity of identity theft and internet scams by means of fake employment offers. It is Sofidel America’s policy NOT to request any sensitive personal information and/or banking information until the end of the hiring process (bank account, routing number, SSN, etc.). We strongly advise all candidates to double check email addresses, phone numbers and webpage links as well as not share any personal information without verifying the authenticity of the request.***
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
face masks/coverings are required at all times
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Inola, OK 74036 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Sunday (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply