Salary: $22.94 an hour plus $4.22 Health & Welfare
- Minimum of 3 years OSP/ISP cable maintenance experience.
- Strong background in Telephone Outside Plant service to include copper and fiber optic cable installation, maintenance, and splicing; maintenance hole work (OSHA confined space familiarization); and cable and fault locating experience.
- Must obtain BICSI training within 6 months of hire date.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Active/recent (last 24 months) U.S. government security clearance
- Strong manhole experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Lift and move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements: close, distance, color and peripheral vision. Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Perform duties in all weather conditions.
- Drive from work site to work site as needed.
- Repair and maintain OSP cable facilities including poles, underground services, and conduit.
- Test and monitor confined space air quality per OSHA regulations.
- Inspect, pump excess water, clean out debris, make minor repairs and maintain Maintenance Holes.
- Maintain and repair/replace cable related defects.
- Lift and load equipment and material that may weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Assure dependable and uninterrupted operation of telephone communications by proactively identifying problems.
- Identify problems by using electronic testing equipment.
Selected candidates will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access for classified information.
GStek, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, parental status, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status.
GStek encourages veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.94 – $27.16 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- OSP/ISO cable maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Telephony OSP: 2 years (Required)
- Secret (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply