Physician Assistant PRN – Emergency Department
On Call, FTE: 0
NorthBay Medical Center
The Physician Assistant (PA) – Emergency Medicine is required to function as a member of the emergency department medical management team. The Physician Assistant is a health care professional with advanced education and training in emergency medicine services. The PA works under the direction of a licensed physician. The Physician Assistant is also directed by standardized protocols and procedures and in collaboration with the supervising physician.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program approved by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current Physician Assistant licensure by the State of California Physician Assistant Examining Committee and Board Certified.
- AHA or equivalent CPR required. Maintains a current DEA license for schedule II drugs.
- Experience as a Physician Assistant practicing in a related field, or completion of internship in primary care at NorthBay.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate patient’s physical and emotional status.
- Demonstrates ability to provide patient care based on age-related needs.
- Demonstrates current knowledge and skill in providing appropriate care for patients in the following age groups: adult, adolescent, pediatric and geriatric.
- Ability to use computer, MS Word, Outlook, telephone. Knowledge of Cerner preferred.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.
Click Here To Apply