Systems Engineer II – Network
Full Time, FTE: 1
Fairfield, CA (GreenValley)
• Normally works eight hours/day Monday through Friday. • Occasionally must work late in the evening or on weekends to complete project objectives or emergency situations. • Hours will vary according to work demands. • Must be available by cell phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week according to a scheduled rotation for off hours infrastructure emergency support.
This position, reporting to the Network Engineering Manager, is responsible for managing assigned systems in a 24×7 high availability environment. Assigned systems may include the public and private network infrastructure and all associated components, data rooms / data centers and associated components (HVAC / UPS / Fire Suppression / Generator), enterprise communications systems, enterprise facilities as they relate to IT infrastructure, electronic physical access control systems, enterprise server infrastructure and other IT systems as they are adopted by the organization. The incumbent works as part of a team that is responsible for the design, specification development, analysis, testing, implementation and general system administration and maintenance of assigned systems and related devices including performance analysis & tuning, system configuration, backups & recovery, capacity planning and security administration.
- High-school diploma required.
- Four year degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Current technical certifications in network engineering and support preferred.
- 7 years experience in an information technology role providing direct customer support and enterprise infrastructure management.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a network engineer in a primarily Cisco network.
- Minimum 2 years experience in health care information technology preferred.
- Experience working with ITIL framework of best practices preferred.
- Experience working within with requirements of a 24/7 Highly Available environment.
- Experience working within the requirements of a change management system.
- Experience as a technology owner for Cisco network infrastructure components including: Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Data Center Switches, Cisco ISR and ASR Platform Routers, UCS Virtualization, WLC/LWAPP/CAPWAP Deployment, Cisco ASA / FTD Security Appliances
- Experience as a technology owner for Citrix Netscaler ADC Appliances.
- Extensive demonstrated experience and ability in working with TCP/IP as it relates to
- Subnetting, DHCP, DNS, Packet Analysis / Troubleshooting.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in deploying, working with and troubleshooting Firewall Systems, Policies and ACLs.
- Extensive experience with network technologies / protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, SSLVPN, IPSEC-VPN, Multicast, Ether-Channel, DSCP/QoS, VTP, NTP, SPAN, 802.1Q Trunking, Multi-Chassis VPC.
- Experience working in a converged services network environment.
- Experience working in a redundant dual-homed environment. Understands the complexities associated with ensuring optimal routing performance and avoiding outages.
- Experience with AAA systems including Radius, LDAP, TACACS and Cisco ISE.
- Experience with Layer2/Layer3 hybrid campus environments.
- Experience with tiered network architectures (Core / Distribution / Access).
- Experience with physical infrastructure components such as Cat3/5e/6, SM/MM fiber optics, coax.
- Experience with Ethernet based WAN carrier products such as AT&T ASE, Comcast EPL/ENS/Coax Ethernet.
- Experience with WAN carrier products such as T1, PRI, DS3, 3G/4G.
- Experience working with Electronic Physical Access Control systems.
- Experience with data center UPS systems and associated maintenance.
- Experience with dry fire suppression systems and associated maintenance requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of network administration standards including security administration, performance analysis & tuning, capacity planning, hardware and firmware maintenance.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complex problems under pressure while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
- Advanced level knowledge of computer fundamentals, computer operations, telecommunications systems, and help desk methodologies.
- Should also have a general knowledge of the healthcare business and information systems as they affect clinician’s workflow.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision is a must.
The position requires dedicated attention to detail as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality of work related information.
- Ability to diagram systems architecture for presentation to management and other IT staff to communicate future requirements and current IT systems’ operation.
- Ability to flow chart processes to identify bottlenecks and streamline procedure.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.
- Able to communicate in an effective and professional manner with co-workers, vendors, associates and other departments.
- Able to control tense situations to remain focused on the problem at hand.
Click Here To Apply