The Care Manager works with clients and the client’s network of providers to help minimize barriers to care and help clients achieve improved health outcomes. Using interventions such as care coordination, motivational interviewing and health promotion, care managers help clients, over the course of time, develop the skills needed to manage their health and psychosocial needs with greater independence. Care Managers will have the opportunity to work as part of outcome driven integrated teams and participate in agency wide quality improvement activities aimed at improving the delivery of care to individuals living with chronic illness, behavioral health issues, and homelessness.
- Assess clients’ needs for services and cooperatively develop an intergraded care plan and goals with the client/family and other providers. Maintain documentation and update care plans at specific time intervals or as needed in Housing Works and Health Home electronic medical records system
- Work and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary team of providers, including Primary Care Provider, psychiatrist, therapist, substance abuse treatment programs and other providers. Attend Integrated Case Conferences as scheduled.
- Work with the client to identify barriers to goal attainment and help resolve those barriers, i.e., keeping scheduled appointments with appropriate service providers, medication regimen for adherence while promoting good health
- Conduct field work, to client home and other provider settings, as needed to fulfill plan of care
- Coordinate transitional care from an inpatient service to other settings as per care plan
- Work collaboratively with team members to provide outreach and engagement to hard to reach clients
- Provide assistance through advocacy and psycho-education to client and family for entitlements and other community services
- Performs other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years related experience required or Masters Degree in related field may be substituted for 1 year experience.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability/interest in working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of HIV, substance use, homelessness, mental illness, and other chronic medical conditions
- Knowledge of City, State, and Federal entitlement systems is helpful.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Housing Works also does not request prior salary information during the hiring process. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $48,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Care Coordination: 2 years (Required)
- Care Management: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Click Here To Apply