20226 S Crawford Avenue
Olympia Fields, IL 60461
WHAT WE NEED
Patient-focused ECHO techs
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Have you been told that you’re great with people? Can you follow orders and procedures accurately? Do you enjoy knowing that your work is helping others receive the best possible healthcare? If so, let’s talk.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain records, competencies, CME’s to assist the department in meeting ICAEL Standards.
- Ensure the safe operations and maintenance of the facilities echocardiographic equipment, ensure the technical and ancillary staff remain in compliance with standards and protocols established by the Intersocietal commission of accreditation for echocardiography.
- Follow all infection control policies in regards to cleaning the equipment, performing transducer cleaning, TEE cleaning, and electrical leakage testing.
- Respond to emergency callbacks within the designated timeframe in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintain equipment, troubleshoot equipment, and alert clinical engineering and management staff when equipment issues arise.
- Ensure patient safety by inspecting TEE probe for use, confirming leakage test completed and proper positioning of patients for all testing.
- Monitor the operations of a unit and provide input to the performance of individuals through feedback and recommendations.
- Perform transthoracic echocardiograms (TTE) and transesophageal echocardiograms (TEE), stress echos (SE) in accordance with department policy and protocols, obtaining all required views as well as additional views to provide a highly diagnostic study.
- Prepare images and data in a preliminary report in designated reporting system such as cardiology PACS or EMR system prior to physician reading the study.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Prior experience as an ECHO technologist.
- Basic math skills, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Customer service skills.
- Data entry.
- Knowledge of common diagnostic procedures.
- Facilitate and lead meetings.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Infection control.
- Patient handling techniques.
- Solve problems by analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems.
- Supervisory and team leadership skills, including coaching, engaging and developing employees.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
3-5 Years Experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Click Here To Apply