8111 South Emerson Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46237
PRN (As Needed)
WHAT WE NEED
A community minister of faith
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Here at Franciscan Health we joyfully continue Christ’s ministry. We know that a patient’s needs extend beyond the body to include the spirit and mind. Faith is a part of everything we do. Our chaplains support our staff, our families and our patients. Do you feel called to be part of our Spiritual Care Team?
Are you willing and able to respond to emergency requests? Are you good with people? Are you a person of faith who loves to share that faith? Can you be a pastoral leader that supports our culture? We have a special place for your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist local religious groups and clergy persons to care for the sick/injured of their congregations including encouraging patient’s active connection to their faith group during and after illness and notify them of the patient’s admission/discharge.
- Document patient care information and ensures timely and accurate completion of patient care records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provide a clinical basis to the ministry by sound, applied spiritual and psychological principles including active listening, reflection, discussion, and prayer.
- Provide ethical consultation to patients/families/staff upon referral.
- Respond promptly to calls for crisis intervention in assigned areas providing spiritual and emotional support to patients/families.
- Respond to all direct referrals for Advanced Directive consultation.
- Ensure spiritual services are made available to the majority of new accessible patients/families in assigned areas and follows-up on offerings as appropriate.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Previous experience as a minister in a healthcare institution.
- Active listening.
- Adapt to multiple clinical settings.
- Communicate in a clear and effective manner.
- Convince others in difficult or challenging situations.
- Customer service skills.
- Develop effective relationships with patients, hospital departments, and other external parties.
- Effectively communicate in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Facilitate and lead meetings.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, or policies impacting the Healthcare industry.
- Lead and coach others.
- Maintain composure, even in very difficult situations.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Divinity, Theology, Religion, or Christian Spirituality from an accredited school is required.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Divinity, Theology, Religion, or Christian Spirituality from an accredited school is preferred.
- A minimum one year of ministry experience.
- Functional Pastoral Theology appropriate for healthcare ministry to people of diverse faiths and beliefs.
- One unit of Clinical Pastoral Education from an accredited CPE Center is required.
- CPE Certification within three years of Hire
- Practicing catholics are encourage to apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Click Here To Apply