At Encompass Community Services we provide our community with a wide range of services related to family & social well-being, early childhood education, behavioral health, housing and more. Every day through these services we work to make health, education and housing more equitable for all people in Santa Cruz County. For more than 40 years our work has touched generations by helping people have access to education, rebuild relationships, restore their health and regain dignity.
Santa Cruz Residential Recovery is a 60-day residential program for men and women suffering from substance use and co-occurring disorders. SCRR is a rich environment purposed for whole person health and re-engagement into society. Program treatment includes 32 hours of staff facilitated groups and seminars, weekly one-on-one counseling, family counseling, and couples counseling as needed. Clients immediately move into societal re-entry through occupational counseling, life skill building, and development. Clients can also acquire full access to community resources to resolve medical, dental, psychiatric, housing, educational and legal problems.
Si Se Puede is a men’s treatment program designed to provide substance use disorder treatment, mental health counseling, anger management, and other supportive services, in a residential setting. Evidence-based Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) is also provided to qualifying residents for support a successful return to their communities.
We currently have two full-time opening for Counselor II positions at both Substance Use Disorder Residential Program. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Counselors will be key members of our residential team and will be primarily focused on providing counseling and support to clients.
- Maintain the program curriculum and schedule
- Provide clinical services including, case management, group counseling and assist to clients in crisis situations
- Facilitate curriculum, psychoeducation and group counseling
- Evaluate participant progress and provide feedback to participants as needed
- Provide support and supervision to participants as needed
- Respond to and document program and participant issues in a clear and timely manner
- Maintain accurate and timely records and prepare and submit reports as needed
- Perform administrative and clerical duties necessary to the position
- May coach and provide feedback to staff on curriculum and client services
- Able to work afternoon / evening / weekend hours
- Maintain clinical charts and complete required paperwork in a timely manner as required by the County, State, and component guidelines
- Regularly communicate and coordinate with supervisor and report any concerns
- Provide health and Medi-Cal outreach, information, referral, eligibility, access assistance, planning and coordination activities
- Perform outreach activities as required by supervisor
- BA/BS in related field or HS/GED +3 years’ related experience
- Registered Addiction Specialist preferred
- SUD Counselor Registration, through CCAPP or CADTP, will be required before start date- Can be completed during prehire process
- Bilingual(English/Spanish) not required, preferred
- Two year demonstrated supervised work experience in related program
- Demonstrated skills and understanding of effective treatment of addiction and recovery
- Experience in utilization of Evidence Based Practices in the field of criminal justice and the treatment of addiction
- Understanding of addictive behaviors and the impacts of trauma
- Valid California driver’s license, safe driver record and use of personal vehicle required
- Group facilitation experience
- Educational Curriculum facilitation experience
- Background and understanding of trauma informed care
- Background and understanding of Motivational Interviewing
- Computer literate in the following software required: Microsoft Word, Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize activities
- Demonstrated problem-solving, conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and decision making
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Prehire process includes TB test, health screen, and flu shot
- Organizational ability to keep accurate records
Wages & Benefits: Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive medical and dental insurance plan for full time employees, 403(b) retirement plan, paid holiday, sick time, and 17 days of paid vacation, pro-rated for positions less than 40 hours a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Encompass we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates.
Our programs recognize the value of racial, ethnic, cultural and linguistic diversity and strive toward a culture of trauma-informed practice, with the overarching goal of ensuring that all services promote healing, and integrate the values and standards of providing culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
If you require assistance applying on-line, we have computer terminals available at our 380 Encinal Street Suite 200 office in Santa Cruz, Tel: 831-469-1700, and at our 225 Westridge Drive location in Watsonville, Tel: 831-724-3885. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Click Here To Apply