RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Familiar with equipment capacity and load capabilities of dryer related material handling equipment on stone, dust, milling, and material handling systems.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring equipment and flow and remove blockages in mineral process related equipment in a safe and effective manner as needed.
- Assist in resolving production issues, troubleshooting, and adapt to changing conditions.
- Perform miscellaneous and assist production operators as needed.
- Check in/out and load customer trucks for outbound delivery.
- Perform light maintenance functions on process equipment. Routine maintenance pre- operational checks on bagging system, process equipment and forklifts.
- Proper filling of bag products to comply with company specifications and customer requirements.
- Conduct quality control sampling to ensure quality of product being bagged.
- Ensure proper operation and care of packing equipment to maximize bag filling efficiency, maintain bag weight accuracy, and preservation of company assets. Maintain daily operating report and bag inventory levels.
- Clean bins, conveyers, spills, and help clean out material from under conveyers and catwalks, and other cleaning duties as needed.
- Perform pre-start maintenance on dryer, plant processes and mills.
- Perform all work assigned in a neat and orderly manner adhering to company and governmental safety rules and regulations including company lock out tag out procedures. Operate, problem solve, and make necessary adjustments to the Bag Packers and Palletizing system.
- Ensure proper bag weights, fill time, and adequate supply of bags.
- Responsible for repetitively lifting 50 pound bags and placing them on a conveyer belt and reclaiming damaged and underweight bags.
- Use proper lifting technique to stack 50 pound bags on pallets for
- Ability to operate heavy equipment including haul truck, skid steer loader, utility wheel loader, man lift, and forklift in a safe manner.
- Industrial background with good troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment is desired.
- Knowledgeable of current environmental regulations and practices as they relate to the minerals industry.
- Must be able perform basic mathematical computations.
- Self-Motivated and must be able to work independently.
- Good decision making skills regarding safety.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as work orders, safety rules, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Tolerate working outside in severe weather conditions as well as exposure to industrial high temperature, limestone, noise and dust.
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Work shift work, seven days a week including holidays and be flexible to schedule changes.
- Have a telephone and be open to overtime and call-outs.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 3-6 Months production experience in an industrial background preferred.
(SQF) Safe Quality Feed
- All personnel will be responsible for the facilities’ Safe Food initiative based on FSMA and Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Click Here To Apply