1. Assisting, teaching and performing meal planning and preparation and have the right nutrition as prescribed diet by the physician andf nutritionist.
2. Assisting, teaching and performing with daily grooming and personal hygiene such as bathing and washing, oral care, dressing and perineal care.
3. Assisting, teaching and providing routine housekeeping like making and changing beds, dusting, washing dishes and clothes, ironing clothes, vacuuming and keeping the kitchen and bathroom clean.
4. Assisting clients with basic exercises such as walking and stretching.
5. Escorts clients to requested locations. Accompany clients to the doctor’s office and other places necessary to conduct personal business. Maybe required to use own car to provide transportation if necessary.
6. Reminds client to take medication (NOTE: MAY NOT prepare or administer any medication. Failure to comply will result in immediate termination).
7. Performs shopping and errands for client. Instructs client in budgeting, assists in preparation for shopping lists, encourages good buying practices and make the necessary purchases of food and other basic items when the client cannot do the shopping.
8. Assisting clients with mobility and providing transfer assistance from wheelchair to bed or bed to wheelchair.
9. Performing, teaching and assisting clients with financial management.
10. Submits all required documentation in time frames specific by agency policy.
11. Communicates changes in patient status appropriately and timely.
12. Communicates with internal and external clients in professional, friendly, courteous and timely manner.
13. Demonstrates personal commitment to the Mission Statement of Illinois Home Care, Specialists, Inc. by providing excellent healthcare and service that is professional, friendly, courteous and timely.
14. Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities and other Illinois Home Care Specialists committees as requested.
Job types: Full time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $14.00 per hour
To make sure our CNA are safe . Provide gloves, masks and hand sanitizer.
- CNA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Long Term Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Lake Forest, IL (Required)
- CNA (Required)
- CPR (Preferred)
- ENGLISH (Preferred)
- SPANISH (Preferred)
- POLISH (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- 25% (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Sunday (Preferred)
- Other forms
- One location
- Fully Remote
Hours per week:
- General non clinical
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
- Nurses wear own scrubs
- 8 hours
- 10 hours
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- ILLINOIS HOMECARE SPECIALISTS INC
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply