Requisition ID: 5867
Leave of Absence Representative
Director, Employee Benefits
The HR Absence Representative coordinates the support for all leaves of absence cases and disability claims under the direction of the HR Benefits leader. The Representative is responsible for providing day to day customer service and coordination in conjunction with REV Group’s Leave of absence third party administrator. The representative has knowledge of company’s policies, federal and state leave laws, and short-term or long-term disability plans.
The position is also responsible providing general benefits administration support, including managing benefits eligibility with third party eligibility vendor and benefits vendors, administering monthly bills, and compliance related activities.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the leave and disability programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of Benefits leadership.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Coordinates administrative aspects of the cases and claims with the third party administrator.
- Partners with third party administrator on managing requests for leaves to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with the HR Service Center and Payroll to ensure that pay for employees is accurate and correct.
- Maintains appropriate contact with all employees on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for associates on leave.
- Discusses with third party administrator investigations of alleged fraudulent activity of all leave cases. Works closely with the employee relations team to identify, research and resolve matters.
- Prepares and shares metrics and analytics for all leave cases and disability claims. Provides reports as requested.
- Maintains effective working relationship with third party administrator. Ensures that disability claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
- Partners closely with field HR team on specific cases/claims. Meets to review the status of cases/claims and develops strategies for a mutually beneficial resolution.
- Support Benefits team in performing other areas such as managing eligibility, paying monthly invoices, and responding to employee inquiries.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
EDUCATION or EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE, PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalency in experience required.
- Minimum three years of human resource experience, preferably with prior experience administering leaves of absences.
- Completion of specialized certification or training on FMLA/leave administration a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with payroll and timekeeping systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- End User experience is paramount to how we deliver work, HR Absence Services Representative needs to be a person of high accountability, customer service focused, is highly organized and can work to tight deadlines. This person should thrive working in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to last
minute changes with ease.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the “CCPA”), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the link for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.
Click Here To Apply