Job Title: Fire Alarm Division Service Manager
About Us: Northstar Fire Protection of Texas is a Texas based company that has been on the forefront of the fire protection industry since 1980. With offices in Austin, Lewisville, Houston, San Antonio, and Atlanta, GA we have grown to be a nationally recognized company. Northstar engineers, fabricates, and installs fire sprinkler & fire alarm systems for structures including commercial, government, healthcare, high-rise condominiums and mixed-use projects.
We joined Shambaugh & Son, L.P., a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. and together we perform more than $800 million of construction projects per year with over 2,700 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
We recognize people as our most important resource and it is our mission to produce the industry’s highest level of quality services and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Summary: The Fire Alarm Division Service Manager will be responsible for customer satisfaction, service sales reps, and administrators to support the division’s service and inspection customers. The service manager will ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled while quickly resolving customer complaints concerning service and collection issues thereby minimizing customer concerns and enhancing customer relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with customers regarding requests for field service calls
- Coordinate Service Technician schedule for all customer site visits
- Document the services provided by Service Technicians after completion of each call
- Coordinate Service Technician schedule with the Inspection and Service Coordinate so that our client’s fire alarm inspections are accomplished during the required inspection period
- Check service time cards for accuracy comparing timecards and work orders to service schedule
- Issue and process purchase orders for parts ordered and maintain database for accurate receipt of materials
- Manage all aspects of customer billing and accounts receivable for service calls
- Support office and field employee requests for forms, paperwork, or other information as needed
- 5-10 years of Fire Alarm experience
- 3-5 years of Fire Alarm Special Hazards experience
- Must have a current Texas Fire Alarm License or equivalent
- Prefer a candidate that has a current Texas FEL-A License or equivalent
- Ability to apply innovative & effective project management techniques to maximize performance
- Ability to field program industry common fire alarm control panels
- Thorough understanding of corporate & industry practices & their impact on project activities
- Self-starter who is organized and is able to work with accuracy and sound business judgment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening
- Must be able to pass a physical
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving history
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Shambaugh is deeply committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all its job applicants and employees. We seek to employ qualified persons in all job classifications and to administer all personnel actions affecting our employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, ancestry, or genetic information. Individuals with a disability, disabled and other protected veterans and any other characteristic protected by applicable law will be given the fullest consideration for employment in positions for which they are qualified. We also are committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability as well as abiding by any and all state and local laws, which in addition to the above prohibit discrimination in any form.
Click Here To Apply