This role is responsible for providing patient care in the clinic and related administrative duties. This position works Monday through Friday 12-8 out of the Woodbury Clinic.
Twin Cities Orthopedics is an operating division of Infinite Health Collaborative (i-Health).
- Prepare, stock, and clean exam room
- Room patients and prepare for exam
- Maintain an efficient, organized clinical flow
- Gather and verify pertinent patient information; compile patient medical data
- Assist with documentation of patient data into electronic health records system
- Prep for injections, change dressings, apply durable medical equipment, and remove sutures/staples under provider direction
- Application and removal of casts
- Ensure coding requirements are followed during entry of patient information
- Act as a prescribing delegate to enter medical orders (i.e. medications, laboratory services, imaging studies and other auxiliary services into the computerized provider order entry (CPOE) into patient electronic records under the direct supervision of the provider
- Able to support multiple specialties
May also assist with any of the following:
- Assist Care Coordinator with patient care services
- Assist with medical supply inventory and ordering
- Screen patient calls and respond to patient in a timely manner. Document all phone messages in the patient’s electronic chart
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Certified Athletic Trainer (AT-C), or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA); or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology required
- Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments preferred
- Complete the Certified Provider Order Entry (CPOE) upon hire if necessary
- Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
- Complete job required training.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Work in the clinic during business hours
- Travel independently throughout the clinic (which may include movement from floor to floor); frequent bending, lifting, standing, stooping or sitting for long periods of time may be required
- Work at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
- Communicate and interact in a respectful and professional manner
- Prioritize workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Understand and execute a variety of instructions
- Effectively operate equipment and communicate on and operate the phone system
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Travel to other work locations, if required
Performance Expectations – i-Health’s Core Values:
- Integrity – Do the right thing and take responsibility for what you do and say
- Service – Consistently contribute to deliver an exceptional experience
- Quality – Act with high purpose, committed effort, and skillful execution to exceed expectations
- Innovation – Identify progressive solutions that improve service, teamwork, efficiency, and/or effectiveness
- Teamwork – Be a part of the whole; support each other positively
- Clinic setting
- Infinite Health Collaborative (i-Health) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- This position description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and Additional Job Functions are subject to modification.
Click Here To Apply