At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Purpose and Scope of Position
The Mechanic, Aseptic Mfg Support is responsible for all maintenance tasks including documentation, preventative and predictive maintenance, on demand repairs, troubleshooting, and new installations. In addition, the Mechanic, Aseptic Mfg Support will demonstrate exceptional communication skills to the immediate manager and internal customers.
Required Competencies : Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance shop tools: (Ex. Drills, band saw, presses, and precision measuring devices).
- Intermediate knowledge of plant utility systems including high pressure steam, heating, water systems generation and distribution, ventilating and air conditioning.
- Intermediate knowledge of power transfer technology including mechanics, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Basic knowledge of machine controls including programmable logic controllers, relay logic, and operator interfaces.
- Basic knowledge of metal work including machining and welding.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of cGMP, OSHA, and ADEQ regulations.
- Ability to gown and maintain a sterile work environment.
- Ability to pass an initial full physical including a respiratory certification with annual monitoring.
- Requires flexibility and the ability to multi-task.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve routine problems.
- Requires moderate direction to complete tasks.
- Supports team performance
Duties and Responsibilities
Executes preventative, predictive, and on demand maintenance on a wide variety of industrial equipment to ensure reliability and equipment optimization.
- Repairs equipment that is not functioning properly.
- Conducts inspection and repairs of manufacturing equipment in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- Supports all maintenance efforts including documentation, preventative and predictive maintenance, on demand repairs, troubleshooting, and new installations.
- Supports the optimization of equipment that supports a sterile injectable Global Biopharmaceutical environment while adhering to strict regulations.
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude and computer literacy that supports the on-time completion of assigned maintenance tasks throughout the site.
- When required, this employee will support maintenance activities/requests for both the Manufacturing and Technical Services departments.
- Communicates with internal customers and leaders daily.
Follows strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure quality, compliant maintenance activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Completes assigned work orders within allotted time frame.
- Documents all repairs electronically in a clear concise manner free of errors.
- Must have a clear understanding of analytical troubleshooting.
- The incumbent will train and perform in confined space entry.
- Performs Lock Out/Tag Out of industrial equipment. Performs other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable
- The incumbent will be required to kneel, climb, bend, push, pull, reach, balance, and/or lift greater than 20 lbs. for 2 hours, approximately 5 times per week.
- The incumbent will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as, but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, and face shields.
- The incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time, up to 6 hours per day.
- The incumbent will be required to crawl through small spaces 3 or 4 times per month.
- This position requires regular medical surveillance and may require incumbent to wear a respirator or gown.
- The incumbent often works for extended periods alone, up to 8 hours per shift.
- The incumbent must analyze complex numerical values on a daily basis.
- The incumbent must communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- The incumbent will be working around hazardous materials to include chemical agents at least 2 hours per day.
- The incumbent’s environment may be greasy, and the workspace may be constricted.
- The incumbent’s environment may have excessive noise.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Click Here To Apply