The Black Mountain Neuro-Medical Treatment Center (BMNTC) has an opening for a full-time Life Enrichment Supervisor. The Life Enrichment Department functions as a part of the interdisciplinary team process at BMNTC to provide quality of life and to meet the emotional, social, behavioral, cognitive, physical and aesthetic needs of the residents who live at BMNTC.
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the planning, implementation and assessment of life enrichment activities on all five residential units for the facility. This position supervises a team of seven (7) staff including Creative Expressive Arts Therapist, Creative Expressive Arts Specialist, and five (5) Life Enrichment Assistants. Responsibilities include:
- Develops and set standards and systems in place to produce outcomes from quality activity programs that addresses center and departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversees the planning and implementation of activities according to each resident’s preferences and individualized plan of care.
- Conducts reviews and analysis of all activities and programs. Incorporates feedback from residents to ensure suggested changes are incorporated into future activities and programs. Ensures identified problems are corrected.
- Supports, encourages, and enables staff to consistently monitor events and activities and proactively initiate corrective actions when needed. Ensures staff provides activities and programs on each unit that are varied, seasonally appropriate, provide residents with choices and options, have wide appeal and are adapted to the differing ability levels of the residents participating.
- Conducts employee feedback and performance reviews timely to monitor and promote effective work performance and professional development.
- Working in collaboration with the Recreational Therapists, Chaplain and the Events Coordinator to plan resident activities.
This position is designated Mandatory and must report or stay over during adverse weather events.
SALARY GRADE: GN10
RECRUITMENT RANGE: $39,611 – $67,060
ABOUT BLACK MOUNTAIN NEURO-MEDICAL TREATMENT CENTER (BMNTC):
BMNTC provides services and support to individuals and families affected by lifelong disabilities and by Alzheimer’s Disease.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
We are a specialized long-term care facility that enhances the quality of life and maintains the dignity of persons with developmental disorders and
specialized dementia whose needs exceed the resources available in the community by providing respectful, individualized, compassionate and quality care.
Visit our web site for more information: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/dsohf/black-mountain-neuro-medical-center
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing and monitoring activities.
- Demonstrated experience modifying activities for residents who have developmental and/or intellectual disabilities, dementia and other neuro-cognitive disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct the work of employees.
Click Here To Apply