The School of Undergraduate Studies (SUS) invites applications for a part-time core faculty member with a psychology background. The position is at the Assistant Professor level and starts in January 2021. Teaching in the undergraduate program allows faculty members the opportunity to exercise broad-ranging intellectual curiosity; to work collaboratively with both faculty and students to develop and implement curriculum members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the core faculty will include:
- teaching core curriculum and elective courses (equivalent of 9 units)
- mentoring and advising of students
- participating in the psychology department meetings and activities
- reviewing applications and serving on the admissions committee
- supporting recruitment
- participating in ongoing, systematic, and documented assessment of student learning
- participating in faculty council and serving on governance committees that addresses multicultural issues; and to create inclusive learning environments for students and faculty
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in psychology, with at least two years college level teaching experience.
- Or Masters degree in psychology, social sciences, or related disciplines; with at least four years college level teaching experience or directly relevant professional work and teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience teaching in hybrid and online environments.
- Recent experience teaching/working with undergraduate students.
- Outstanding ability to teach students with a variety of learning styles.
- Commitment to engaged pedagogy.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve; and sensitivity to and understanding of historically underrepresented groups, and groups who have experienced discrimination.
- Willingness to work in an accelerated format.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions – Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday, and some weekends.
Background Check – Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
Visa Sponsorship – Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance – This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Click Here To Apply