The Patient Care Associate (PCA) provides age-specific patient centered-care. As a member of the patient care team, is expected to take direction from the RN for patient care assignments.
Job Opening Qualifications
Age of Patients Served:
All Age Groups.
Required Education:High School Diploma or GED; AND One of the following:
- CNA License
- Completion of fundamentals of nursing concepts (RN or LPN)
- Completion of EMT Training Program
- Completion of a Certified Medical Assistant Program
- Equivalent military training as a hospital corpsman or medic
1. Demonstrates teamwork and communicates in a professional manner with all members of the healthcare team.
2. Demonstrates the ability to learn and apply all hospital computer technologies and procedures that affect patient care delivery.
3. Knowledge of basic medical terminology and standard precautions.
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification;
State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant required for TCU;
Crisis Prevention Institute training within ninety (90) days, and then annually, is required for Psych Unit.
Certified Nursing Assistant in State of Florida.
Less than one year of Providing patient care.
At least one (1) year providing patient care.
Click Here To Apply