KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 70 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
If you are a strategic sales professional, who is a technical geek at heart, keep reading.
Video Integration is the management of video and audio streams in an Operating Room and throughout a hospital’s networked enterprise. For KARL STORZ, Video Integration falls in the a vertical called OR1.
OR1 Sales Engineer position is responsible for driving market growth in Operating Room Video Integration solutions to achieve an annual sales quota. This is a smart, complex, challenging, technical, but fun sales position.
We are looking for a sales professional, who can communicate a technical vision, drive strategic selling, and unite horizontal team members towards a common goal of driving market share, leaving no stone unturned.
The preferred residency requirement for this role is within the Pacific Northwest: Seattle, Oregon, or San Francisco.
- $3-4M video integration quota responsibility
- Accurately maintains pipeline; forecasting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Manages wins and losses, dissecting all deals for lessons learned post-sales product utilization to protect future selling opportunities.
- Horizontal leader, working to ensure all counterparts meet their individual video integration quota
- Responsible for regional RFPs/RFI
Responsible for Complex, Strategic Selling:
- Creates creative, strategic roadmaps, for the Northwest region, to grow market share in existing and new OR1 verticals
- Manage complex negotiations with large healthcare institutions
- Support the sales process through the preparation and presentation of technical information to a multitude of customer influencers (up to C-Suite)
- Proven ability in closing complex, large deals
- Vertical partner, leading technical customer discussions
- Executive lead for dynamic, in-person / virtual customer presentations
- Executes to strategically win
- Dynamic range of selling capabilities
- Technical consultant, technically honest
- Loves the complexities of hardware/software solutions: Has held a previous role that demonstrates a competency in understanding the delicate dance between software and hardware
- Proven competency in one of the following verticals: IT, Cloud Solutions, A/V, Engineering (all types)
- Solution Selling. An expert solution seller. Knowledge on how to move a SaaS sale through legal, purchasing, privacy, and C-level decision-makers.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate to team members technical documents to a layperson
Responsible for Cross Functional Collaboration:
- Coordinates with the Operations vertical to ensure successful technical deployment of sold solutions, ensuring a seamless customer experience
- Horizontal leader, who leads by example
- A minimum education level of a bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to travel: up to 60% travel with overnight stays
- 3 -5 years of work experience; specific experience with B2B sales or medical device sales or IT experience preferred
- Strong, diplomatic communication, and presentation skills; a proven track record
- Understanding of construction project management a plus
- Superb ability to work well with cross-functional teams and divisions, colleagues and customers
- Ability to anticipate / handle multiple priorities, complex issues and prioritize time well since this role works alongside multiple channel counterparts/territories.
- Maintains a high standard of ethics, professionalism and competency.
This position requires daily driving to geographically dispersed accounts. If the candidate intends to drive a privately-owned vehicle, candidates must have a valid driver’s license in the state where the vehicle will be operated or in the state of residence.
Candidates with convictions of one or more of the following offenses may not be eligible for this position:
- Conviction within one (1) year of start date: Three (3) or more moving violations; two (2) or more preventable accidents.
- Conviction within three (3) years of start date: Being at fault in a fatal accident; driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs; reckless, negligent or careless driving; evading responsibility.
Working at KARL STORZ during COVID-19
KARL STORZ will continue to maintain a safe work environment for our employees. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking. The impact and/or company-issued personal protection equipment may vary based on the nature and location of the role. Please click here to learn more about our response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks’ vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
- Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.
If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ’s Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.
Click Here To Apply