EverCommerce is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team. Reporting to the VP Accounting, you will be responsible for managing the financial reporting process including technical accounting as well as the process for integrating our acquisitions.
You are comfortable in a high-energy, fast-paced environment with shifting demands and effectively prioritize the requirements of competing projects. You are willing and able to dive into the details and are able to pull yourself out of the details to summarize to communicate to senior leadership. You communicate effectively up and down the chain of command to ensure that you understand entity-wide strategic priorities, how your team’s mission fits into that plan, and to ensure that your team is executing effectively and efficiently. You take ownership of your work and that of your team, and self-correct when necessary to get back on track.
Evercommerce is bringing together best-of-breed commerce solutions in the service sector, forming one service commerce platform that improves go-to-market strategy for technology companies and simplifies the software-buying process for business owners.
Our team has extensive expertise in business operations, management, legal, finance, accounting, technology human resources, marketing and sales that, via the EverCommerce platform, we provide as a service to drive continued growth and success for growing service commerce companies. Our ecosystem enables companies to thrive in an environment of shared knowledge and resources with significant cost savings.
EverCommerce is currently located in Denver’s RiNo Arts District, walking distance from the 18th & Blake light rail station. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with high-energy, talented people who enjoy our weekly lunches, dog-friendly environment and hanging with co-workers.
COVID-19 Update: The EverCommerce team is currently working from home through the end of the year.
- Prepare/Review and manage the internal and external financial reporting process (i.e., 30+ monthly reporting packages sent to internal leaders as well as GAAP financial statements provided to the auditors); includes potential future SEC S-1, 10-K and 10-Q filings
- Research and document complex accounting transactions including those related to debt, equity, leases, foreign currency, purchase accounting and consolidations
- Onboard acquired companies to US GAAP, drafting and implementing operational policies where necessary (10-15 acquisitions per year)
- Own and drive the ASC 805 valuation process with the 3rd party valuation firm and auditors
- Develop the opening balance sheets and related purchase accounting
- Manage a team of 1-4 staff ensuring their work is complete and accurate as well as ensuring they are continuing to develop as expected
- Continually lead process improvement as well as implementing controls across the processes to ensure quality financials
- Stay up to date on new accounting pronouncements and relevant GAAP issues and evaluate how they may impact the Company and ensure relevant information and accounting
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and other team members spread across multiple office locations
- 4-5+ years of accounting experience
- SEC reporting experience
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, CPA required
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience at a mid-size or Big 4 accounting firm
- Strong understanding of month-end and year-end close processes
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP standards
- Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail, writing and communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Mix of public and private experience related to M&A
- Experience with mid-size ERP software
- Experience with SAAS and technology services
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical benefits & 401(k)
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Gym stipend
- Start with 17 vacation days plus your birthday off
- Snacks, lunches, and happy hours
EverCommerce is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you are looking for a company that is truly focused on empowering small businesses with superior technology, come join a company that rewards authenticity and supports energy with a passion.
Click Here To Apply