Military Deli & Bakery Services is the #1 provider of deli/bakeries to U.S. Military Commissaries with 109 locations nationwide. Our Deli/Bakery departments look about the same as you would see in a typical grocery store. The difference is this: at Military Deli and Bakery, we are fortunate to have US Military Personnel and their families as our valued customers.
If you’re looking for an exciting, fast-paced work environment and enjoy providing excellent customer service, then we have a career for you!
We are currently seeking a Deli-bakery manager, who will provide friendly, courteous and prompt customer service while attaining budgeted sales and profit goals, training and supervising associates.
Work/life balance is important at MDBS. Although our departments are located in a grocery environment, our departments close early each day, and weekend work is minimal.
MDBS offers an attractive and competitive base salary and lucrative quarterly bonus incentive program. Our excellent benefits package includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage, starting at $20 per month for individual coverage. The chosen individual will be immediately eligible to begin participation in our voluntary 401 k Retirement Plan, which includes an annual company matching amount.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists and communicates with customers in a friendly, courteous and prompt manner; receives and records special customer orders via the telephone or in the store utilizing suggestive sales techniques.
- Directs and participates in Deli/Bakery activities, including receiving, designing, preparing, pricing, displaying, maintaining, and ordering product in order to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction. Updates Department for seasonal merchandising.
- Attains budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Prepares weekly work schedule to ensure adequate coverage and service level, while adhering to weekly sales/labor rate.
- Trains and supervises associates in all activities, policies, and procedures.
- Monitors, complies and enforces government and MDBS policies and procedures.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS •Ability to frequently reach, lift, and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs.
•Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are necessary •Available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Federal Contractor
Click Here To Apply