This position completes tasks associated with posting, adjusting, and monitoring patient accounts receivables. Position proactively researches, identifies, and rectifies any circumstance affecting delayed submission or payment of accounts. Position communicates accounts receivable issues proactively to management to insure compliance and accuracy. Position performs various administrative and clerical duties needed to support revenue cycle functions as needed. Position reports to the Revenue Cycle Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages time to complete work in timely manner and be a team player.
- Meets productivity requirements as established by organization and external benchmarks
- Provides proactive reporting and communication of any accounts receivable issues to management.
- Completes posting of all payments and adjustments at the patient account level in a timely and accurate manner. Also ensures accurate month-end balancing.
- Reviews accounts receivable reports and proactively identifies issues and determines resolutions.
- Provides timely account corrections when identified by AR follow-up processes.
- Proactively engages other operational personnel to review and resolve issues as needed.
- Proactively works to fully resolve insurance denials. Identifies root cause and determines resolutions.
- Participates in audit and process improvement projects as needed.
- Provides professional assistance for patient billing calls.
- Effectively uses billing system to document patient accounts using proper grammar, spelling, and syntax.
- Keep up-to-date with current Medicare/Medicaid guidelines and other government plan replacements (basic knowledge).
- Keeps up-to-date with commercial insurance policies and contract nuances (basic knowledge)
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Communicates with team members in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner.
- Treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with dignity and respect.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other essential duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be highly professional in appearance, tone and delivery and an effective communicator.
- Ability to read and understand Explanation of Benefits is crucial
- Must be team-oriented and have demonstrated skills in working in a team environment.
- Dedicated to follow-thru and results.
- Knowledge of third party billing and collection requirements to include Medicare, Medicaid and Managed care.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with complaints and function well under pressure.
- Have high levels of critical thinking skills, negotiation skills, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to interact with a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Proficiency in the operation of a computer keyboard (30 WPM minimum) and ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office products
- Must have good eyesight and ability to focus on a computer screen for 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to tolerate sitting and working at a desk for 8 hours per day.
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 lbs.). Frequent standing/walking. Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment. Manual dexterity and mobility. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED.
- 3-5 years of revenue cycle/AR experience with a general knowledge of ICD 9/10 coding or equivalent or combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
Job Type: Full-time
- Revenue Cycle AR: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below