QR Code Link to This Post
Full Time – Various Locations
Under general supervision of the Associate Director of Facilities perform a variety of limited semi-skilled work involving basic grounds maintenance, landscaping, mowing, weeding, edging sweeping/cleaning of parking lots, monument signs, pressure washing, exterior lighting maintenance, window washing, snow and ice removal and all other duties as assigned. Employee in this position is responsible for the satisfactory performance of light and heavy manual laboring tasks in a wide variety of construction and maintenance. Some assignments may require skills that can readily be learned on the job. Many tasks assigned may be routine and repetitive in nature.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
• Daily cleaning and sweeping of parking lots
• Operate push lawnmowers, string trimmer, edger and leaf blower to clear walkways and pedestrian areas after lawn/parking lot maintenance to keep outdoor area tidy
• Operate pressure washer to ensure walkways, building and gutters are clean and free of hazards
• Remove weeds and dead plants; prune overgrown limbs and leaves, Rake fallen leaves and remove debris
• Maintain the existing landscaping design
• Coordinate special projects as directed by the Facilities Manager.
• Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
• Responsible for alerting the Facilities Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
• HS diploma and 2 years related experience.
• Education skills include fundamental skills such as discriminative thinking and analytical reasoning.
• Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
• Washington State Driver’s License and current insurance
• Clean driving abstract and the ability to drive the agency van
• Flexibility about work hours, evening hours and travel to other sites.
• Pass required background checks
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: FAX 253-661- 8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below