QR Code Link to This Post
Clinician – Developmental Disabilities
Full Time – Federal Way Clinic
Partner with clients with developmental disabilities, and their caretakers, in their journey toward recovery and wellness, by providing individual, family and group counseling, case management, and crisis services. Function as member of a work team in coordinating services with support systems in providing strength-based and needs-driven care. Clinician services will be provided to clients in and out of the office setting by utilizing communication and available resources to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
• Provide treatment services to include: counseling, case management, and community access activities, which may be provided in office, schools, homes or other community locations as assigned
• Develop and maintain working knowledge of community resources. Assist clients and caretakers in identifying a range of resources to meet their needs
• Work in collaboration with the treatment and/or wraparound team and effectively collaborate with service systems and client support networks
• Provide crisis response services for clients in their own home or community setting
• Adds to the interdisciplinary recovery plan and other clinician tools by participating in meetings; coordinating information and service requirements with other service providers; resolving issues that could affect smooth care progression; fostering peer support; providing education to others regarding the care coordination/management process.
• BA/BS degree in Behavioral Sciences Field with at least 2 years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. MA/MS degree in human services field preferred.
• Knowledge and skills in providing individual therapy, family, group and/or clinical case management
• Obtain Agency Affiliated Counselor registration within 2 weeks of hire
• Ability to transport clients
• Pass required background checks.
• Work experience with individuals with co-occurring disorders
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities’ most important asset – the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: FAX 253-661-8644 or mail to Valley Cities/HR: 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below