Financial Planning & Analysis Intern
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities, and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
In this 10 week internship, you’ll support the needs of the JCPenney Financial Planning & Analysis organization at our Home Office in Plano, TX (just 20 minutes north of downtown Dallas). You will be responsible for providing a high level of financial planning and analysis support to senior management for assigned business teams. You will also help ensure company resources are used effectively and efficiently by providing sound financial analyses and tools that guide better management decisions. Through all of this, you will engage with senior leaders and other team members who will be mentoring and coaching you to success.
- Develop and execute financial planning, forecasting, budgeting and analysis designed to improve reporting for assigned business team(s)
- Collect data through interviews, analysis and other research techniques to support the development, implementation and evaluation of departmental programs
- Designs and/or assists in the design of communication material delivered to senior management, using high level Excel and PowerPoint skills
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Current college junior status
- Major in business, finance or accounting
- Advanced analytic, financial modeling, and reporting skills
- Flexible to make changes and analyze different opportunities with short notice
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with many personalities, timelines, priorities and expectations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge; Microsoft Access is a plus
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Outstanding leadership, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate and be a strong team member
- This position is available only to individuals who are eligible to work for JCPenney in the United States. JCPenney will not sponsor individuals for immigration benefits for this role.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below