The Cuyahoga County Board of DD is looking for a Full time Nurse to work with nursing teams to promote the health and safety of individuals with developmental disabilities across the life span in all environments where they live, work, learn and play. The nature of work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Ongoing nursing assessment, care, referrals, screening, and record keeping. Assignment of a nursing caseload for direct and delegated nursing supports, based on nursing needs at a CCBDD program site at least 3 days per week.
- Provide on-going nursing assessment at a CCBDD program site or during a home visit; performance of self medication assessment, creation of nursing care plan, and evaluation of nursing interventions, direct services for specialized procedures that are not delegable and consultation either on site or via telecommunication.
- Initiation of medical referrals as necessary and completion of ancillary referrals when assigned.
- Be available to float throughout the county or within your assigned region* as nursing/caseload needs dictate either directly or through telecommunication.
- Performance of delegated nursing duties as determined by the DODD and the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN) laws and rules as well as CCBDD policies and procedures.
- Duties include consultation, medication administration training, nursing task training,
Assignment: This position is located at our East Cleveland Adult Activities Center. It is a full-time, salaried position. Although temporary through 12/31/2019, the position comes with Full time benefits, including paid time off and holidays.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Ohio.
- Specific training in developmental disabilities; at least two years experience in public health, school nursing and/or clinical experience with developmental disabilities in the pediatric or adult settings.
- Ability to work in a teaming process with the RN scope of practice.
- Obtain and maintain the State of Ohio nursing licensure.
- Certification to instruct and provide standard first aid and CPR (unless restricted for health reasons). Training may be acquired following hire.
- Obtain and maintain certification in the DODD Train the Instructor Program for medication administration. Training may be acquired following hire.
- Valid state of Ohio driver’s license and continued maintenance of excellent driving record.
* Starting Salary: The salary range posted is the full-range for current employees. The actual starting salary for a newly hired nurse is dictated by the union contract, education, and work experience.
Application Deadline : Open until filled.
Application Procedure : Applicants must apply ONLINE. Click APPLY above to begin the process. External candidates will be asked to complete an online Employment Application. You will also be given the opportunity to upload an optional resume and cover letter. For any further questions about the application process, see the FAQ link below. Thank you.
Equal Opportunity Statement : The Cuyahoga County Board of DD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information about the law, click here: EEO Information
PRIVACY AND SECURITY NOTICE: By applying for positions with the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities you are accepting that you have reviewed and understand our Applicant Privacy and Security Notice provided by clicking HERE.
– Individuals who may need assistance with the application process should contact Human Resources.
– Questions about the application process? Review answers to our FAQs here: FAQS and How to Contact H.R.
– All Job tentative offers are made with the understanding that prospective new employees pass a drug test and background check prior to being hired.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR YAHOO, AOL, AND VERIZON EMAIL USERS: If you are using Yahoo email or one of its affiliates, such as AOL or Verizon, it is highly recommended that you change your email address before applying for a position because Yahoo email Servers are routinely rejecting emails from online applicant systems. Online applicant systems, like ours, send automatic emails to confirm receipt of your application, and we send out status updates. We also reach out to candidates by email through our applicant system. Since email is the preferred way to contact applicants, we wanted you to be aware of the issues Yahoo is having with most online applicant systems. If you are never getting feedback from online applications, it could be because of the Yahoo server issues. If you are using Yahoo or one of the above affiliated email accounts, our emails to you will most likely bounce back to us as undeliverable. Due to the large volume of candidates that we receive, we cannot follow-up on bounced emails. Thank you.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.