The Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities is seeking two (2) Speech-Language Pathologists to assess toddlers with developmental disabilities in order to determine the need for and provision of services and supports. The nature of work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Completion of screening and/or assessment of speech, language, and communication, feeding and oral motor skills, and augmentative/alternative communication; refer for and/or coordinate hearing screenings and assessments.
- Coordinate, develop, or assist in developing, communication programs and provide SLP services including consultation, instruction, support services and direct intervention.
- Provide speech-language services per written programs, monitor and document speech-language services according to established procedures and submit information as requested by supervisor.
- Participate in inter/intra-agency committees, projects, or teams and deliver in-service training as requested or approved by supervisor.
- Attend Individual Plan meetings and/or make recommendations for programming to team, write objectives/outcomes, discuss methods of implementation, and identify materials to be used and implement treatment or train others.
- Maintain compliance with appropriate federal and state regulations, professional standards and Board policy including DODD regulations and standards set by the Ohio Board of Speech Pathology and Audiology.
- Educate and counsel individuals, families, caregivers, co-workers, managers and advocates for individuals to promote effective communication.
- Provide in-services at CCBDD sites and/or other community settings.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Will necessitate working a flexible schedule as delineated in the bargaining unit contract and/or staff member handbook.
UNUSUAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- License in Speech-Language Pathology from the State of Ohio, OR State of Ohio Department of Education Certificate for Speech and Hearing Therapy.
- Must possess the Certificate of Clinical Competence.
- Specific training and experience with individuals who have DD.
- Valid state of Ohio driver’s license and continued maintenance of excellent driving record.
Application Deadline : Open until filled.
Application Procedure : Applicants must apply ONLINE. Please do not forward your information by email. All resumes, cover letters and applications must be submitted through this applicant portal. Click APPLY above to begin the process. For any further questions about the application process, see the FAQ link below. Thank you.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY NOTICE: By applying for positions with the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities you are accepting that you have reviewed and understand our Applicant Privacy and Security Notice provided by clicking HERE.
Equal Opportunity Statement : The Cuyahoga County Board of DD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information about the law, click here: EEO Information
– Individuals who may need assistance with the application process should contact Human Resources.
– Questions about the application process? Review answers to our FAQs here: FAQS and How to Contact H.R.
– All Job tentative offers are made with the understanding that prospective new employees pass a drug test and background check prior to being hired.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR YAHOO, AOL, AND VERIZON EMAIL USERS : If you are using Yahoo email or one of its affiliates, such as AOL or Verizon, it is highly recommended that you change your email address before applying for a position because Yahoo email Servers are routinely rejecting emails from online applicant systems. Online applicant systems, like ours, send automatic emails to confirm receipt of your application, and we send out status updates. We also reach out to candidates by email through our applicant system. Since email is the preferred way to contact applicants, we wanted you to be aware of the issues Yahoo is having with most online applicant systems. If you are never getting feedback from online applications, it could be because of the Yahoo server issues. If you are using Yahoo or one of the above affiliated email accounts, our emails to you will most likely bounce back to us as undeliverable. Due to the large volume of candidates that we receive, we cannot follow-up on bounced emails. Thank you.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.