Join our team of high-quality, dedicated Child Support Services Legal Technician Specialists and help provide financial and medical support for children by performing functions necessary for the intake, establishment, enforcement, or modification of child support and foster care fee orders.
Note: Position level and salary level will depend upon qualifications.
Examples of Duties for Success
- Determines appropriate course of action to establish or enforce financial and medical support based upon case circumstances and legal requirements.
- Initiates legal and administrative actions to establish, modify, or enforce medical and financial support.
- Calculates current child support using Colorado state mandated guidelines.
- Determines child support arrearage amounts.
- Monitors cases for compliance. Administers enforcement remedies as appropriate.
- Conducts locate functions to determine non-custodial parents’ address, employment history, and assets.
- Contacts parties to request additional information and ascertain barriers to payment.
- Makes referrals for additional services as appropriate.
- Prepares motions, petitions, orders, and other legal pleadings as appropriate.
- Consults with the assistant county attorney as needed.
- Prepares cases for court hearings; prepares court exhibits and organizes case file.
- Appears at court hearings as needed to assist the county attorney and testify about case specifics.
- Conducts research as needed to include Colorado Revised Statues, court records, and state and federal regulations governing the child support program.
- Conducts interviews, provides case status, answers case related questions, explains enforcement remedies, and describes legal responsibilities to parties and or their attorneys.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
To be successful, our ideal candidate should have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to effectively use the following computerized systems and applications: ACSES, CBMS, Colorado Court Data Access, Work Number, ICSES, DMV, DOL, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of Volume VI, federal and state regulations and mandates, and Colorado Revised Statutes and interstate laws applicable to child support services. Maintains such knowledge by remaining current with program rules and regulations.
- Ability to interpret court orders, draft legal documents, apply legal remedies, and process cases based on program standards.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, organize workload, and demonstrate analytical application to complex situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of business.
Qualifications for Success
- Legal Technician Experience Requirements: Three (3) years full time public contact experience, one year that must include eligibility determinations, and legal secretarial or paralegal experience.
- Legal Technician Specialist Experience Requirements: Four (4) years full time responsible work experience, one year that must be equivalent to a Legal Technician or Paralegal position.
- Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an appropriately related field may substitute for all but the one year of required experience for each position designation.
- License or Certificate: None.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
More Qualifications for Success
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to work in a standard office environment.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below